Operations Coordinator - Maintenance Planner
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Kinder Morgan, Inc. is one of the largest energy infrastructure
companies in North America. Access to reliable, affordable energy
is a critical component for improving lives around the world. We
are committed to providing energy transportation and storage
services in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible
manner for the benefit of the people, communities and businesses we
serve.We own an interest in or operate approximately 83,000 miles
of pipelines, 141 terminals, and 700 billion cubic feet of working
natural gas storage capacity. Our pipelines transport natural gas,
refined petroleum products, renewable fuels, crude oil, condensate,
CO2 and other products, and our terminals store and handle various
commodities including gasoline, diesel fuel, renewable fuel
feedstocks, chemicals, ethanol, metals and petcoke.
Kinder Morgan offers a robust benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, two retirement plans, paid
holidays, and paid time off.
- Assist division management in development of annual maintenance
plan, which includes outage coordination and scheduling of
- Work with division management (division/area/district
supervision), MPS/PPS, planning, gas control, project management
and various OSG support groups to develop, maintain and execute an
annual outage plan. This will include coordinating/scheduling
annual, monthly and or weekly meetings to develop and execute
- Acquire detailed knowledge of pipeline assets to successfully
minimize outage duration as it relates to pipeline operations.
- Develop tools to assist division management with planning,
scheduling and assigning maintenance activities.
- Actively participate in the Capital and O&M budget and
monthly forecast meetings.
- Coordinate with Procurement to ensure adequate inventory levels
are in place to support repair schedules.
- Provide MAXIMO & MAXOUT support to division management, which
will include but is not limited to:Prepare/maintain division
critical spare parts and shared tool lists. Work with supervisors
and warehouse coordinators to adjust spare parts min/max lists to
ensure that material is available to perform upcoming planned
- Designated as a MAXIMO super user for the division.
- Participate and support corporate MAXIMO related initiatives
(i.e. ADC updates, impact to I&M procedures, etc.)
- Assist in training new employees in MAXIMO
- Work with division management to ensure that all
policy/compliance maintenance activities are properly set up in
MAXIMO (reference I&M procedures).
- Assist in adding new assets and PM's into MAXIMO.
- Work with division management to perform database cleanup,
which would include PM assignments, annual workload leveling (i.e.
changes in start dates/assignments), asset cleanup, etc.
- Develop/run reports to ensure that division is in compliance
with policy and compliance driven maintenance.
- Participate in reliability team meetings and assist
implementing division specific reliability initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of the division budgets by
identifying upcoming maintenance and or capital projects for the
upcoming budget year (i.e. overhauls, turbine exchanges, filter
changes, class changes, ROW maintenance, etc.), help
prepare/coordinate estimates, etc.
- Develop long term major maintenance plans for use in the LRO
and budgeting processes.
- Act as a member of the division emergency response team.
- Position requires occasional overnight travel.
- Required to carry a cell phone and be available to respond
during working and non-working hours.
- May participate in emergency response activities.
- Participate in daily Gas Control calls.
- Other duties as directed by the Division Director
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in natural gas/midstream
operations and maintenance.
- Minimum High School Diploma required. Additional education
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in MAXIMO and or other maintenance
- Effective communicator and must be self-starter.
- Ability to handle and manage multiple tasks at once in a
fast-paced environment while maintaining focus on core duties.
- Strong communication, presentation, training, teamwork, and
negotiation skills to work with multiple stakeholders in
Operations/MPS/PPS and Gas Control.Reporting:This position can be
located at a Division 7 facility in Iowa or Illinois (preferably,
Shorewood, IL) and will report to the Division 7 Director.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Joliet , Operations Coordinator - Maintenance Planner, Professions , Shorewood, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!