Civil Road Construction Estimator
Company: Adecco USA
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Adecco has partnered with an environmentally-conscious
industry-leading construction solutions provider in Joliet IL that
are in need of their next Civil Road Construction Estimator due to
GROWTH in the company. Estimators with our company will be
responsive to each customer RFQ and deliver accurate and timely
bids according to ECS policies and Phase 1 of the ECS Job Lifecycle
Procedures. The primary responsibility is to ensure assigned RFQ's,
cost estimates, bids and bid reviews are managed and delivered to
the customer in a consistent, timely and effective manner that
positions our client to "win the order". Assumes responsibility for
qualifying the RFQ, facilitating bid/no-bid discussions, confirming
bid strategy, gathering project data, developing an Access Plan,
confirming the Scope of Supply, prepare a cost estimate, preparing
the bid, facilitating the Bid Review Meeting, as well as delivering
and following-up on the bid. To be successful, the individual shall
excel at timely and effective communication with internal and
external customers, alike. He/she shall demonstrate competent
judgement when interpreting customer specifications and translating
them into a clearly defined Scope of Work that is consistent with
the company's products and services, while mitigating unacceptable
risk to the company. In addition, this individual must have a
comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the company's field
services, logistics, equipment planning & utilization, corporate
cost standards, market pricing and contract language common in the
- Consistently demonstrate commitment and support for the company
and Mission, policies, and procedures.
- Pursue continuous improvement activities to ensure efficiency
and effectiveness within area of responsibility.
- Adherence to ECS Job Lifecycle Program policies, processes, and
- Adherence to the Delegation of Authority (DoA). Obtain all
necessary approval prior to submitting the bid.
- BS degree in Business Management, Construction Management,
Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3-years estimating experience in a construction or
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred, but will train
- CPR / First Aid Certification preferred, but will train
- Must possess valid Driver's License and clean driving
- Character consistent with the Values and Business Code of
Conduct & Ethics.
- Portray a consistent, positive and winning attitude with a team
- Self-starter, ability to handle criticism, flexible and works
well with limited direction.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time. For immediate
consideration email your most updated resume to me, Sara Faber
Search Consultant with Adecco at or call me directly at Equal
Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read our Candidate Privacy
Information Statement, which explains how we will use your
information, please navigate to The Company will consider qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records
Keywords: Adecco USA, Joliet , Civil Road Construction Estimator, Professions , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!