Material Handler, Minooka - Full Time (3220)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout: Macy's is proudly America's Department
Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers
come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an
exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and
change requires innovation. Online sales are booming at Macy's. Our
Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern
retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores
- and each customer's doorstep - on time, in perfect condition.
Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers.
When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package
the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as
possible - across the country and around the world. It takes a lot
of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there
are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to):
material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers,
quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many
more. Whatever role you play - we value you as a colleague. Choose
the challenge that's right for you! Job Overview: Macy's Material
Handler colleagues perform all functions related to receiving,
packing, processing, ship or put away merchandise in a safe,
accurate and productive manner Essential Functions:
- Receive prep, putaway, pick, sort, pack and ship merchandise in
a safe, productive and accurate manner.
- Cross train in multiple areas of the facility.
- Ability to key accurately and productively using PC's,
hand-held electronics and/or other devices.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks and other equipment as
- Follow all standard operating procedures along with
safety/security guidelines. Ability to operate in a safe, accurate,
and productive manner.
- Ability to assist in a variety of different tasks and perform
special projects as assigned. Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- No experience required
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening,
weekends, and/or holidays Physical Requirements:
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing
ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs WAREHOUSE00 Supply Chain Only
and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in
locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement: Random
drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or
semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not
limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on
roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third
party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague
is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating
circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed
within 24 hours of notification.
Keywords: Macy's, Joliet , Material Handler, Minooka - Full Time (3220), Professions , Minooka, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!