Senior Material Handler
Company: Federal Signal
Location: University Park
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and
services to protect people and our planet. Founded in 1901, Federal
Signal is a leading global designer, manufacturer and supplier of
products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental,
industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook,
Ill., with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates
two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security
Systems.Federal Signal in University Park is a leading manufacturer
and supplier of comprehensive systems and products used to protect
people and property. Our products and integrated solutions include
systems for campus and community alerting, emergency vehicles,
first responder interoperable communications, industrial
communications, and command and municipal networked security.
Specific products include: lightbars and sirens, public warning
sirens and public safety software. We manufacture our safety and
security systems in the United States, Europe and South
Africa.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform tasks to requisition and store materials, supplies,
parts and components
- Accumulate and move items/containers to designated areas.
Interact with other departments.
- Work from schedules, shop orders, CRT and instructions.
- Record data (i.e., quantity, shortages, errors, damaged parts)
to align with inventory.
- Visually check work to maintain quality standards and notify
supervisor or recurring defects and operating difficulties.
- Prepare tickets/maintain records and other documents as
- Performs other duties as assigned.Position
RequirementsEducation, Skills, and Work Experience:
- Ability to operate a fork truck.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and other material handling
equipment to include, but not limited to pallet jack and hand
- Proficiency in navigating and utilizing computer software
including but not limited to JDE, Kronos, EDI and using DSI guns
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and follow
verbal/written work instructions.
- Ability to perform work safely and follow safety policies/rules
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to work from schedules, shop orders and
- Must have a valid license for operating powered industrial
trucks or pass written assessments after classroom
training.Benefits of EmploymentIn addition to excellent career
growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide
array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance
(life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation,
401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We
provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.The
Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will
not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to, race, religion,
national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information,
status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category,
characteristic, or trait under applicable law. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Federal Signal, Joliet , Senior Material Handler, Professions , University Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!