Posted on: August 4, 2022
Diesel Technician FULL-TIME $32/hr, plus $5000 new hire bonus,
see details below The Diesel Technician performs all Class 8
tractor and trailer repair diagnoses and repairs. Following company
standard operating procedures (SOP s). Completes routine rebuilds
and replacements, makes best value and safety decisions to continue
to operate, repair or replace, and performs technical repairs
and/or replacement. Uses American Trucking Association (VMRS)
system and other published and internet-based manuals and check
sheets. - Following SDS training and guidelines.
- Performing proper preventive maintenance such as: lube, filters,
inspection, including truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab
related safety and security.
- Completing direct/indirect labor accountability paperwork
- Diagnosing and repairing of cab related defects
- Performing all electrical repairs.
- Perform tires inspections for tread, inflation, rotation, wear,
- Repairing exhaust related repair, DPF, DOC, EGR DEF.
- Performing emergency road calls
- Proficient brake diagnostic/repairing & replacing/adjustments
- Performing basic computer skills for company related
- May perform basic accident repairs on tractors or trailers.
- Assisting in parts inventory management
- Communicating with internal customers (i.e. other shop
associates, drivers, other maintenance shops, etc.) on things such
as wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates. Pay
range: Technician A - $27.00 - $32.00 ; Technician B - $23.00 -
$28.00; Technician C $18.50 - $23.00 ORD-04 WS-04 WS-LC Schedule
Shift start: 6:00AM or 2:00PM or 10:00PM Shift length:
623#######103010000 hours Sun-Th; Sun-Th; Tues-Sat; Tues-Sat
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan Qualifications
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 75 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old - Must possess an advanced set
of tools- Possess Class 8 diesel diagnostic computer software
skills- Basic understanding and repair of drive train components-
Basic understanding and repair of cooling system maintenance and
repair.- ASE Certification in 4 areas to include PM and brakes-
Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment
repairs.- Successfully demonstrated problem solving skills.-
Examples of teamwork and customer service skills, including good
oral and written communication skills.- Required/Recommended
Training (Technician Training Template)- Must be able to work
outside in inclement weather conditions- Must be able to work in
environment with excessive noise.- Must be able to stand or lie for
extended periods of time in order to repair equipment- Must be able
to have flexible movement: to reach equipment and/or parts and
maneuver equipment $5000 new hire incentive About NFI NFI is a
leading international third party logistics provider with customers
ranging from Fortune 100 companies to small businesses. We pride
ourselves on delivering completely customized supply chain
solutions no matter the industry.
Keywords: NFI, Joliet , Diesel Technician, Professions , Minooka, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!