Facilities/Environmental Services Technician
Company: Lightways Hospice and Serious Illness Care
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Founded in 1982 as Joliet Area Community
Hospice, Lightways Hospice and Serious Illness Care is an
independent, nonprofit healthcare provider licensed in 11 counties
in northwest Illinois. We provide exceptional serious illness care,
hospice care and grief support for adults and children.The
Facilities/Environmental Services Technician is responsible for a
wide variety of activities such as minor repairs and cleaning to
ensure that the facilities are both tidy and functional.This full
time position works 40 hours per week from 1 pm - 9:30 pm Sunday
thru Thursday. We have two buildings and an inpatient unit that may
require any/all of the following responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance duties as assigned, such as replacing
lightbulbs, and minor fixes.
- Conduct floor maintenance including stripping and waxing tile
floors and shampooing carpet as assigned.
- Assemble and/or install necessary equipment.
- Clean Inpatient Unit (IPU), offices and common community areas
to include cleaning and disinfecting washrooms, cleaning floors and
- Execute timely cleaning duties when a patient has been
discharged, or in the event of death, and prepare rooms quickly and
efficiently for new occupant.
- Maintain an organized and stocked work cart at all times while
ensuring that chemicals are properly labeled and stored, and the
work cart is locked when in common areas or while unattended.
- Follow cleaning practices for isolation rooms using appropriate
infection control and isolation guidelines as indicated by
department cleaning procedures.
- Responsible for event set-up and take down as
instructed.Qualifications include a high school diploma or GED,
valid driver's license and previous maintenance
experience.Lightways offers a generous benefit package that
includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K,
paid holidays and a generous PTO plan for full time positions.
Keywords: Lightways Hospice and Serious Illness Care, Joliet , Facilities/Environmental Services Technician, Professions , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!