Technician - Cut, Isolation, & Test
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Opportunity:HydroChemPSC is looking for a Technician - Cut,
Iso & Test to join their safety conscious team! The Cut, Isolation,
& Test Technician is responsible for leading the safe installation
Isolation Tools to ensure a proper isolation where the lines cannot
be purged free of all gas vapors. Must be able to measure up
localized hydrostatic testing and partial system hydrostatic
testing to ensure the integrity of welded connections and relay
this to client and area management. Ensures compliance with all
Company policies/procedures and manitains/improves good customer
relations by providing quality, timely work.About
HydroChemPSCHydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier
industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North
America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors.
HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system,
innovative career development platform, committed customer service,
deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We
are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance.
We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for
our customers and the most comprehensive training and career
development for our employees.Essential duties:
- Instructs, provides feedback and directs and assists crew in
performance of job duties to complete work in accordance with
client requirements and Company policies, practices and
- Enforces Company employee policies and may remove employee from
job when required.
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to
Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal
regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or
- Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to and in strict
accordance with HPC Policies, Practices, and procedures.
- Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper
safety procedures and equipment.
- Must have knowledge on how to performs isolation and
hydrostatic weld testing services on client work sites performing
any of any of the following duties: Walk down of lines, Pipe
preparation, Isolation plug maintenance, Grip tight isolation plug
maintenance, Double block & bleed isolation, Double block & bleed
isolation with bake out, Double block & bleed isolation with
nitrogen purge, Double block & bleed isolation with grip tight,
Double block & bleed isolation weld tests, High lift weld tests,
Plain end / partial system tests, Reverse Tests, Nozzle Tests
- May schedule job and crews.
- May dispatch crews based on calls received on nights and
- May act as Operations Manager or Branch Manager when
- Reads work order and ensures all required equipment is
available and operational prior to starting job.
- Inspects equipment and general work area prior to starting any
job. Corrects deficiencies that may cause accidents, injuries, lost
productivity or harm to equipment or that are inconsistent with
- Informs client as required regarding job status and client
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment
- Completes all appropriate paperwork including service receipts,
and submits to designated management.
- Trains Technicians and Operators on-the-job in equipment
operation, service line processes and necessary paperwork.
- Operates all necessary equipment in service line in accordance
with operation training and safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Working
Environment:Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities,
pulp and paper mills, etc.Skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 plus years of experience within the
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Recent military service with mechanical, instrument, or
- Interstate Travel is Required
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and ability in people
- Strong knowledge in operating equipment used in service
- Ability to comprehend the English language, written and
- Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting equipment is
- May have to provide Federal Transportation Workers
Identification Credential (TWIC).Educational requirements:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience.HydroChemPSC
and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all
individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran
status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other
characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law.
HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*HPC#LI-BD13
Keywords: HydroChemPSC, Joliet , Technician - Cut, Isolation, & Test, Professions , Mazon, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!