Franchise Development Consultant
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: May 12, 2022
What you'll do...
As a Franchise Consultant for H&R Block, you'll serve as a key
business partner to ensure the success of franchise offices in your
dedicated area. This is a remote position that allows you to work
from where you want most days. Office visits throughout your
assigned franchise district are required.
In this role, you'll serve as a representative of H&R Block and
will be responsible for continually striving to accelerate growth,
strengthen relationships with franchisees, and provide services to
franchisees in accordance with Company policy, vision, and mission.
Specific areas of support include partnerships with strategic
planning, sharing retail tax strategies and priorities while
ensuring operational support for the franchisee.
Providing service and consultations with your assigned franchise
district will be essential to drive growth and performance. You'll
have accountability for increasing client base, company revenue,
and net earnings. You'll also help with issues pertaining to
franchisees, ensuring they are resolved and create an environment
of cooperation and partnership between franchisees and company
Day to day, you'll...
- Consult and offer expertise to franchise owners by assisting
with and influencing long range business plan development including
pricing, real estate, and market level analysis. Analyze business
financial metrics to recommend best solutions to improve the
performance of franchise district.
- Make market-specific recommendations to develop community
involvement. Provide solution-based coaching and consulting to
franchisees on tax office operations: people, process, and
- Monitor industry and market by understanding and articulating
tax industry trends and knowing competition within the
- Understand competitive landscape to identify district-level
business growth opportunities. Provide direction to franchisee to
identify methods to continuously improve business performance and
growth. Make recommendations for new office locations and support
- Deepen commitment of franchisees by creating an environment of
cooperation and partnership between franchisees as well as with
company organization. Communicate franchisee perspective to
appropriate support teams in field and FSO-KC.
- Articulate and drive H&R Block strategies and priorities,
adapting messaging for local market relevancy. Identifies and
recommends solutions for a consistent business approach, but
remains sensitive to the individual business needs of each
- Influence the behaviors of franchisees by serving as a resource
and promoting the adoption of company programs and products.
- Make balanced decisions by thinking equally of clients,
shareholders, franchisees, and associates. Ensure the decisions
benefit the company and franchisees and apply consistently.
- Ensure operations support and compliance by directing
franchisees to support groups for problem resolution. Understand
and apply franchising laws to district operations. Understand and
apply HRB's Franchise License Agreement and Policies and
Procedures. Understand and ensure compliance with Privacy Laws,
Agency Requirements, and other regulations governing tax
- Other duties, as assigned.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 6-8 years of business experience to include strategic
- Experience in a retail or similar work environment is required.
Multi-unit is a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills, public
relations skills, detail-oriented, math and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions; assume complete
responsibility for his/her work and decisions.
- Understanding of the dynamics of franchise/company-owned
- Demonstrated project management skills, the ability to manage
multiple simultaneous projects, the ability to balance short- and
long-term priorities, and the ability to deliver projects on time
and within budget.
- Three years of supervisory experience to include all aspects of
coaching, counseling and reviewing performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ability to operate a computer and applicable software
- Willingness and ability to travel and to maintain a flexible
Keywords: H&R Block, Joliet , Franchise Development Consultant, Professions , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!