1ST SHIFT WAREHOUSE TEAM LEADER 26.32 HOUR
Posted on: January 13, 2022
1ST SHIFT WAREHOUSE TEAM LEADER 26.32 HOUR
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in
the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all
around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our
exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we
create in every corner of our company and the people at each level
who make that happen.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 45 hours per week
Starting Wage: $26.32 per hour
Weekend Premium: Weekend premium pay of the hourly rate plus $1.00
will be paid for hours worked on Sunday.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable
- Establishes and modifies daily work schedules considering
- Coordinates job activities and tasks of direct reports on a
daily and/or extended basis, in addition to the timing and location
of those tasks.
- Oversees the daily receiving of product and/or oversees the
daily selection and shipping of product to stores.
- Monitors processes for inbound and outbound deliveries to
ensure compliance with established guidelines.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve operating
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and
performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual
understanding and desired results.
- Models the company strategy, as well as communicates the core
values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and
membership among employees.
- Interacts effectively with peers through ongoing communication
and exchange of information and operates in accordance with shared
warehouse management objectives.
- Collaborates with other divisional operational areas and
communicates relevant information allowing them to fulfill their
- Communicates with District Managers and store management as
- Provides input and recommendations to the Warehouse Supervisor
regarding changes to improve the operation.
- Monitors all companies providing service within the warehouse
to ensure acceptable performance.
- Ensures communication with the in-house carrier of daily
schedule changes and needs.
- Monitors the competitive environment within the community and
informs management regarding adjustments necessary to maintain the
company s competitive position.
- Recommend personnel for advancement and termination as
- Addresses warehouse issues, escalates and/or refers concerns to
peers, 3rd parties, or other management as appropriate;
consistently upholds established standards to ensure equitable
treatment of warehouse personnel.
- Oversees the activities of warehouse personnel, ensuring
effectiveness and efficiency of day-to-day operations.
- Leads plans and facilitates regularly scheduled Warehouse
- Trains and develops direct reports to achieve their maximum
professional potential to retain a motivated and productive
- Observes and evaluates employees work performance; provides
feedback and coaching as appropriate, including completion of
annual performance review.
- Supervises the timely, accurate and efficient storage of
product, supplies and equipment.
- Supervises warehouse teams to ensure compliance with food
safety, sanitation, maintenance and operational safety guidelines
- Oversees warehouse personnel to ensure compliance with federal,
state and local regulations.
- Monitors and manages controllable expenses; provides
appropriate inventory and efficiency results and makes employee
payroll adjustments as necessary.
- Ensures a safe environment by identifying and rectifying
hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining equipment in
proper working order.
- Manages direct reports to ensure they comply with established
policies and procedures, including but not limited to those
outlined in the Employee Handbook, Procedures Manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
- Demonstrates a Positive Attitude & Resilience: Adapts
positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to
achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
- Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and
the team have the necessary skills and behaviors to perform
optimally and meet warehouse needs now and in the future.
- Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by seizing
opportunities and proactively taking concrete actions that adhere
to ALDI policies and procedures. Goes the extra mile and
persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
- Leads and Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that
supports the success of the team by providing direction,
motivation, clarity, resources and support to excel in the current
environment and in times of change.
- Sustains High Performance: Sets clear performance standards and
monitors progress against standards.
- Takes Ownership: Makes decisions and takes actions based on a
clear understanding of the priorities and tasks needed to run an
efficient and successful warehouse. Supports the stores and
contributes to the growth of the division and overall ALDI
organization. Creates an environment that encourages collaboration
within and outside of the warehouse.
- Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Uses available
information and instinctual curiosity to address situations before
they occur and responds to emerging problems in an accurate and
timely manner. Works to correct problems that affect the financial
and operational success of ALDI warehouses.
- Collaboration: Believes in collaborative efforts and decision
making. Focuses on constant verbal and written communication to
ensure mutual understanding. Builds partnerships and works
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Ability to recommend, interpret, and apply ALDI operating
policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of products and services of the company.
- Ability to manage direct reports relating to training,
development, motivation, retention and discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to evaluate work performance and motivate behavior
change among direct reports when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that
enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a
- Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and
- Negotiation skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Frequently work in varying temperatures, hot and cold
(including outdoor temperatures and refrigerator/freezer
- Continuously standing; frequently required to sit, bend, reach,
grip, push, pull, lift, carry and walk throughout the
- Frequently required to lift and place product weighing up to 45
pounds on pallets at various heights.
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and
applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not
discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age,
marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition,
genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which
includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected
characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of
an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report,
and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Apply Online Below
Keywords: ALDI, Joliet , 1ST SHIFT WAREHOUSE TEAM LEADER 26.32 HOUR, Professions , Dwight, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!