Company: Heniff Transportation Systems LLC
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions
to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain
services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth
and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve
through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We
accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated
networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North
America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything
we do.Position SummaryResponsible for ordering Truck and Trailer
parts for the organization, monitoring inventory levels, moving
parts between shops, and returning parts to vendors as applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Parts Supervisor assists in managing staff to include
selection, work allocation, training, coaching and mentoring,
problem resolution, performance evaluation and feedback, and
- Supervise Parts Clerks for proper usage of the shop
management's systems and Company policy.
- The Parts Supervisor orders and track all parts needed by
- Based on the usage of parts, monitor all inventory levels and
maintain minimum operational levels.
- The Parts Supervisor track and organize all inventory as
instructed by management.
- Assign parts to repair orders as necessary.
- The Parts Supervisor receive parts from vendors and check
invoices for accuracy.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of parts rooms.
- The Parts Supervisor manages all parts warranties and utilize
- Properly annotate all parts, comments, and warranties in
maintenance management software.
- The Parts Supervisor plans daily parts requirements to meet
- Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve
- The Parts Supervisor utilize sound judgment to determine when
parts should be ordered.
- Interface with Procurement Manager in order to discuss business
decisions involving parts inventory and inventory allocation.
- The Parts Supervisor produces accurate and timely inventory
- The Parts Supervisor reports directly to the Procurement
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of parts-related experienceEssential
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office and strong computer
- Must be able to communicate clearly in verbal and written
forms; at times adjusting spoken voice to suit the sound level of
- Ability to plan, organize, and forecast the usage or parts
based on historical data and trends
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle and equipment and
terminology, tractor and trailer maintenance, DOT rules and
regulations, company policies and procedures, and automated fleet
management information systems
- Ability to present a valid driver's licenseLanguage Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently Benefits
and Perks:--- 401(k) Plan--- Company 401(k) Matching
Contributions--- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)--- PerkSpot
National Employee Discount ProgramIn addition, eligible employees
receive:--- 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year &
7 Paid Holidays--- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision
Insurance--- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance--- Voluntary
Life & Accident--- Critical Illness Insurance--- Company Paid Life
InsuranceAt Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We
are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and
developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to
add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and
employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting,
hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during
employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race,
creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: Heniff Transportation Systems LLC, Joliet , Parts Supervisor, Other , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!