Supervisor- General Merchandise (Part-time) University of St. Francis
Company: Barnes & Noble Education, Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800
colleges and universities nationwide. - We offer a retail
environment like no other - uniquely focused on delivering
essential educational content, tools, and merchandise within a
dynamic retail environment on campuses of higher education. - Our
teams interact directly with our customers including students,
faculty, administration, alumni, and the general public to provide
outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general
merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic
community all while being part of a company that is consistently
rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they
do.Barnes & Noble College is seeking a creative, driven, adaptable,
and customer-focused team member to work varying or set schedules
on a weekly basis year round as a part-time Supervisor in the
General Merchandise department. The Supervisor in GM may assist
customers with school supplies, electronics, dorm, convenience,
gifts, and clothing while assisting the management team with the
daily operation of the store. You will be a subject matter expert
for the GM but must also remain knowledgeable of other operational
areas to provide outstanding customer service.A Supervisor in
General Merchandise will need a high level of energy to work in a
multi-faceted department ensuring the appeal of the selling floor
and displays and the availability of merchandise. - You must be
knowledgeable about department and store operations, and provide
outstanding customer service to the academic and co-curricular
- Maintain a presence on the sales floor to hang, fold, shelve,
peg merchandise to a particular standard using a planogram or
general merchandising -guidelines. -
- Ability to use department specific technology such as CORE or
Intrepid -to answer questions, recommend products, place orders,
locate -items, search inventory, -or meet customer needs.
- Greet customers, describe merchandise, -recommend products,
-and finalize sales.
- Clean the store and merchandise to maintain an appealing sales
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash,
credit, or financial aid payments.
- Part-time positions require availability to work -on a weekly
basis year round. - Schedules may be set or vary to meet the needs
of the store and hours will be less than 30 per week. -Physical
- Frequent movement within the store to access various
departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
climbing ladders. -COVID-19 Considerations: -Our stores comply with
all applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or
recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In
accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may
require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks
throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or
- 2+ years' experience in a retail setting preferred.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be
considered for employment. -
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to
products that meet their needs.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings,
weekends, and holidays.Barnes & Noble College is an Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to
diversity in the workplace. - -Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Barnes & Noble Education, Inc., Joliet , Supervisor- General Merchandise (Part-time) University of St. Francis, Other , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!