Light Bar Assembly
Company: Federal Signal Corporation
Location: University Park
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and
services to protect people and our planet. Founded in 1901, Federal
Signal is a leading global designer, manufacturer and supplier of
products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental,
industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook,
Ill., with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates
two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to, race, religion,
national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information,
status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category,
characteristic, or trait under applicable law.
Federal Signal in University Park is a leading manufacturer and
supplier of comprehensive systems and products used to protect
people and property. Our products and integrated solutions include
systems for campus and community alerting, emergency vehicles,
first responder interoperable communications, industrial
communications, and command and municipal networked security.
Specific products include: lightbars and sirens, public warning
sirens and public safety software. We manufacture our safety and
security systems in the United States, Europe and South Africa.
Federal Signal is currently looking for a Light Bar Assembler. This
position performs duties to identify, select, and assemble a large
number of Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical, and/or Electronic
components and assemblies. Performs simple wire and soldering
operations using current manufacturing processes. Perform Go/No Go
tests on assemblies and light bars. Reworks incorrect or changed
light bars and salvages material from damaged or returned products.
Performs data entry for requisitions, bin transfers, and scrap
tickets. Opens/closes service orders and production orders. Reads
and understands the manufacturing calendar.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Works from blue prints, schedules, shop orders, spec sheets,
process instructions and test written, verbal or on PC/CRT
* Reviews production schedules for specific periods and arranges
for parts, materials, supplies tooling, gauges and other equipment
to meet production requirements.
* Requisitions and stores materials.
* Passes KanBan cards to producing departments per defined
* Accumulates and moves items between storage areas and the work
* Fills out and submits requisitions, move tickets, finished goods
tickets, scrap tickets.
* Record and/or calls attention to shortages, defective/damaged
* Sets up work cell equipment.
* Makes necessary adjustments of tools, gauges, and equipment.
Makes operational checks as required.
* Monitors work visually to maintain quality standards and notifies
supervisor, QA, engineering of defects and/or operating
* Uses hand and power tools, pallet jacks, hand trucks, fixed
gauges, jigs, meters, soldering irons, CRT/PC, bar code readers,
gang microchip programmer, riveters, presses, terminating/crimping
* Performs preventative maintenance (cleaning, oiling, inspecting,
and minor adjustments) on equipment in the work cell.
* Trains new and existing employees to effectively work within the
department and instructs them in all facets of the work cell
* Follows safety rules and keeps work cell area in a clean and
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Work Experience:
* A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
* A passing score on skills assessment administered by Federal
* Proficiency in basic computer skills.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal
Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including:
annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision),
paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions
and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a
smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Federal Signal Corporation, Joliet , Light Bar Assembly, Other , University Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!