BT Stock PM OP, Chicago - Part Time (3243)
Posted on: November 18, 2021
About: Macy---s is proudly America---s Department Store.
There---s a reason we---ve been around for 160 years. Customers
come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an
exciting time to join Macy---s. The face of retail is changing, and
change requires innovation. Online sales are booming at Macy---s.
Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern
retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores
- and each customer---s doorstep - on time, in perfect condition.
Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers.
When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package
the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as
possible --- across the country and around the world. It takes a
lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so
there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to):
material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers,
quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many
more. Whatever role you play --- we value you as a colleague.
Choose the challenge that---s right for you! Job Overview:
?Macy---s power equipment operators have the ability to learn and
operate material handling equipment (MHE) in our warehouse and
fulfillment centers. Types of equipment operated include stock
picker, turret truck, reach truck, wave, stand-up forklift, and a
motorized pallet jack. ? Essential Functions:
- Operate various types of power equipment to perform pick, pull,
put away and utility tasks that meet quality, accuracy and
- Ability to key accurately and productively using PC---s,
hand-held computers, Radio frequency equipment or other such
- Safely perform job functions while navigating down narrow
aisles and operating at a high elevation.--
- Report all equipment failures, damages, and truck accidents as
they occur.----Provide feedback to the safety committee on
environmental issues affecting safe equipment operation.
- Ability to learn area-specific functions within multiple
systems (Warehouse systems and proprietary systems) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- No experience required
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening,
weekends, and/or holidays Physical Requirements:
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing
ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and--other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs -- WAREHOUSE00 Supply Chain
Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in
locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement: Random
drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or
semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not
limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on
roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third
party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague
is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating
circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed
within 24 hours of notification.
Keywords: Macy's, Joliet , BT Stock PM OP, Chicago - Part Time (3243), Other , Minooka, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!