Performance Supervisor Weekend Days
Posted on: November 18, 2021
RESPONSIBLE AND ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING: MAINTAIN SIMOS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- Know your area of responsibility and customer/contractual
- Key Performance Indicators, quality standards, safety
violations, Service Level Agreements, etc.
- Supplies --- Ensure that a supply list is maintained and orders
placed in a timely manner to ensure-- department does not run out
of any items needed to operate the department-- avoiding
- Understand SIMOS--- keys to success and employee handbook
- General expectations are to arrive one hour prior to shift
start to understand daily workload and communicate resource needs
with members of management.
- General expectations are to stay one hour after the EOS to
finalize reports and data input and shift wrap-up.-- These should
not take away from your floor presence.
- General expectations for floor presence are approximately 50%
of shift spent monitoring and supervising associates on the
- Breaks should not exceed 60 minutes throughout the day and
should not interfere with workload.
- Roles and Responsibilities will be reviewed periodically
throughout the year and are subject to change. COMMUNICATION AND
FOLLOW UP --- This is accomplished by:
- Daily review with Operations Manager on execution of labor
- Complete shift start up and end of shift process
- Communication via phone/email --to Inbound Operations --Manager
of any unexpected activity such as, safety, MHE, security or
- Communicate with support team and/or employees daily
productivity goals for area and individual
- Identify and communicate schedule changes, planned upcoming
events and any other general announcements --
- Supervisors should have a radio at all times.
- Manage inbound LOS requirements to meet customer expectations
- Ensure all IB reports are current and accurate, i.e. CPU log,
7074 report, DSR --
- Ensure that all supplies and PO---s are presented to either
Diane or Rick immediately for processing.-- ON-BOARDING / TRAINING
- Ensure that all new employees in your area are taken through
and trained in the Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure that all employees are taken through and understand the
on-boarding parameters set by the General-- Manager PEOPLE
MANAGEMENT, i.e. reviews, training, counseling, etc.
- Maintain staffing levels and insure DSR (Daily Shift Report) is
updated to match needs based on projections
- Attend weekly Operations --meeting to establish focus for the
- Maintain roster/attendance daily --- provide corrective action
as needed based on the handbook rules and regulations
- Conduct daily pre-shift meeting --and mid shift meeting
- Conduct observation(s) and provide feedback on hourly employees
- Provide Roles and Responsibilities to all support team
- Provide documented training on all operation processes
- Complete and track assigned objectives DAILY CLEANLINESS AND
SANITATION OF THE ENTIRE FACILITY
- Implement and manage clean up assignments, this is to be in
conjunction with the same shift-- supervisor s when applicable,
according to the area---s checklist
- Responsible for his/her area cleanliness. QUALITY --- Ensure
the quality level is being followed --- this is accomplished by:
- Perform audits on all employees throughout the shift
- Perform 25 operational audits and 25 sanitation audits
- Record audit findings weekly PRODUCTIVITY --- Ensure all
employees are held accountable to productivity --- this is
- Entering daily productivity for each employee or team
- Coaching and documenting progress of all employees, coaching
for the employees that fall outside of set parameters and
commending the employees that are inside the set parameters
- Post productivity daily if available
- Maintain efficiency standards and identify improvements to
processes or tools to increase overall productivity and communicate
to Operations Manager SITE SAFETY AND SECURITY COMPLIANCE
- Ensure all customer and SIMOS--- policies are implemented and
- Implement site safety program
- Coordinate safety observations established by Operations
Manager and communicate unsafe acts immediately REPORTS --- Ensure
that all documentation is filled out accordingly
- Utilize all tools provided as directed by leadership PROCESS
- Observe and maintain standard operation procedures for all
functions within your area of responsibility Daily Checklist
- Log on & check email
- Make note of any important information to share with the team,
safety stand downs, notes from prior shift, & outages.
- Log onto stafftrack and check for call offs
- Open CPU, DSR, YMS, & Scheduler to view staff & hours expected,
trailers in yard or to be completed in LOS, & live loads/drop
trailers due in for the shift.
- Dock walk 230 -258
- Identify open doors, empty trailers, & load type while also
checking the cleanliness of dock, rat- runs, & stray/damage pallets
from prior shift.
- Check for damaged doors, tables and carts during dock walk and
immediately communicate to management team.
- Make notes of any facility damage, security issues or dock door
issue---s to address prior to shift.
- Assign load assignments based off associate---s equipment skill
starting with highest priority and create a workload plan vs hours
expected & entered into CPU/DSR-- no later than 6pm for Operation
- Conduct 25 operational observations per day.
- Conduct 25 sanitation observations per day.
- Conduct start up meeting, take roll call, share any pertinent
info, safety topic/stand down, workload plan, & prior day---s team
performance etc. Lead team stretch.
- Log onto stafftrack and mark attendance
- Be readily available and mobile on the dock for any start up
issue---s to ensure smooth start up and dock flow I.e. equipment,
pallets, log in issue---s
- Track performance hourly utilizing the productivity dashboard.
Use as a tool to identify associates behind on pace.
- Follow up with on the spot coaching/performance
- Review prior day---s performance and identify
- Dock walk often ensuring staff is working clean, efficiently,
and staying on task.
- Perform safety observations throughout the night (3
- Identify strays/damages/remedy that associate---s failed to
remove from area when previous trailer was completed.
- Identify wrong equipment use or improper unloading
techniques.-- Make note of any receiving exceptions that delay the
process of unloading in a timely manner.
- Check emails throughout the day for any urgent customer issue
to be resolved and watch for new inbound trailers arriving. Ensure
CPU is updated and packets created up to 2 hours before EOS.
- Upon trailer completion, inspect that all paperwork has been
returned to the envelope & the receipt stamp has been filled out
properly including OSD paperwork.
- Ask associate if the area has been cleaned, remedy removed from
dock, & damages added to the damage pallets. Assign next priority
trailer to associate.--
- Update the CPU with units/time/load notes.
- Update GLS by signing in the packet, & finalizing the receiver.
- If the receiver/delivery is not finalized identify why; check
the trailer and door to insure all units were slotted, check the
OS&DR screen to insure that all damages and shortages were
entered accurately, check pallets for mixed freight.
- Update YMS by changing the trailer status, closing trailer/dock
door, moving it to the correct zone, & plugging a new trailer for
- Stamp the completed TCR on the front of the packet and initial
that all of the process required to close a delivery were
completed.-- Supervisor sign off required.
- Communicate with RSR supervisor concerning any missing pallet
or missing labels to insure that all putaways are completed within
the 18 hour time frame.
- After the dock is cleaned/inspected and cleared of associates,
start the EOS process.
- Complete the CPU by entering all times/units/pallets/load
- Balance the CPU to YMS.
- Log onto Synerion and update actual hours worked in DSR.
- --Balance the DSR adding in the productivity numbers VS hours
- Balance the 7074 to reflect data captured on the CPU &
- Respond to the Receiving hand off email with any important
information needed for the next supervisor to set up and list any
- Respond to the Putaway and Backed out label email for the prior
shift with; the amount of Putaways and the age of the oldest, the
number of backed out pallets and units.---- State the root cause of
the backed out label.
- Issue and get sign off on SOP---s over slotting, slotting
damage, not wrapping or not securely wrapping pallets, slotting
- Issue any SOP violations sent by QA auditors. -- Weekly
- Plan out week for any member schedule VTO, STO, or VAC
- Share weekly safety topic
- Conduct observations
- Review prior week performance and issue any productivity
- Complete any assignments or projects from GM or OM---s
- Prioritize items to be completed by EOW Monthly Checklist
- Submit EOM no later than the 25th.
- Plan for any information you would like to share at the general
- Complete monthly reviews for new employee
- Conduct 30, 60, 90 day new hire reviews. #LI-KR1 TrueBlue was
founded on the idea of connecting people and work.-- We work with
businesses to provide the workforce solutions they need to
succeed.-- Publicly traded since 1998, TrueBlue provides a talented
workforce of over 600,000 people and partners with more than
100,000 companies around the world through three segments:--
PeopleReady, PeopleManagement and PeopleScout.-- --- PeopleReady
provides on-demand and skilled labor for retail, manufacturing,
warehousing, logistics, energy, construction, hospitality, and
ports & terminals industries. --- PeopleManagement (Staff
Management, SIMOS, Centerline) provides on-premise contingent
staffing and on-premise management in the light-industrial sector
and beyond. --- PeopleScout provides high-volume permanent employee
(RPO) recruitment process outsourcing and management of outsourced
service providers to a global workplace. TrueBlue continues to
broaden its service offerings, reaching more markets, and offering
greater technology and innovation to benefit employers, staff and
contingent workers. What we do at TrueBlue is simple --- we put
people to work and change lives every day.
Keywords: Simos, Joliet , Performance Supervisor Weekend Days, Other , Elwood, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!