Technologist-Sonography, OB/GYN, Joliet, Full Time
Company: AMITA HEALTH
Posted on: October 14, 2021
We Are Hiring:
AMITA Health Medical Group is hiring a full
time Technologist-Sonography for OB/GYN practice in
Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm or
9:00am-5:30pm (as needed by the practice).
What You Will Do:
Perform diagnostic procedures on patients
using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure,
providing quality images for interpretation.
What You Will Need:
- Set up and adjust all equipment and manually maneuver
transducers to perform exams.
- Implement safety standards and perform appropriate quality
- Perform routine and complex studies and assist in a variety of
- Recognize significant structures, artifacts, pathology, and
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to
- Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers, and
- Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly department to include
procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area,
and any other areas in department.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory agencies.
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- One or more of the following required:
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed
from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, Associate's
degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
AMITA Health, one of the largest health
systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230
sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups,
26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves
over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the
communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients
and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body,
mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the
source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being.
We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement
potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages.
AMITA Health will provide equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for
employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression,
age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information,
carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants.
Keywords: AMITA HEALTH, Joliet , Technologist-Sonography, OB/GYN, Joliet, Full Time, Other , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!