Clamp Operator 1st Shift
Company: Ryder System
Posted on: July 21, 2021
$500 Sign-On Bonus!!
Our team is growing!
Ryder is hiring Material Handler - Clamp Operators
in Minooka, IL!
The Cargo Handler is responsible for accurately
loading and unloading our customer's products. This may include
moving product into and out of trailers and warehouse locations,
placing product in distribution bins for the customer or any
variation as required. This position is responsible for customer
satisfaction by ensuring that all they accurately follow all work
instructions, whether written or verbal.
About the position:
- Consistent pay :
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am -
- Warehouse experience (Pallet Jack or Forklift)
- Clamp Forklift experience preferred
- Other requirements: Must be able to
pass criminal background check and drug test
Paid Time Off provided for COVID vaccination
- Strong Safety culture, including safe and reliable
equipment, paid training
- Stability and growth opportunities
- Competitive benefits package, vacation & PTO in the
- Weekly pay, direct deposit is available!
- Forbes’ 2019 list of the “World’s Best
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year of related warehouse and/or powered
industrial lift experience required
- Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond
to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of
safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and walk in high
- The ability to input data into various WMS computer
- Work overtime as assigned
- Read, interpret, and apply Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Recognize and correct potential process errors before actions
adversely affect the customer
- Recognize damaged product at any point in the warehousing
process and take appropriate action when discovered
- Pull orders accurately as assigned
- Stage orders according to carrier location and verify: number
of pallets picked as well as stage location
- Prepare receiving, storage and shipping documentation retaining
product accountability throughout the logistical process
- Be aware of and follow location and work center Safety and
Security policies and procedures
- Performs housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned
- May operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug
Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Job Locations US-IL-Minooka
Posted Date 4 weeks ago (6/21/2021
Employment Type Regular-Full
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 5250
Keywords: Ryder System, Joliet , Clamp Operator 1st Shift, Other , Minooka, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!