Supervisor Mechanical Maintenance
Company: Pepco Energy Services
Posted on: June 10, 2021
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one
of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail
customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of
companies that strives for the highest standards of power
generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team
of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to
design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also
dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through
competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Directly responsible for the supervision, assignment and
coordination of Maintenance Division activities to ensure a
productive workforce that supports all divisional, departmental,
site and corporate goals while in accordance with all company
policies and local, state and federal regulations. Interfaces with
the department schedulers and planners to plan and execute work.
Provides recommendations on training, procedure changes, and other
needs to support safe and efficient execution of work activities.
Participates as an Emergency Plan team member.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively supervise craft personnel to ensure that all
assigned maintenance activities are performed safely and
effectively by qualified workers in accordance with plant
procedures, NRC regulations, and the site schedule. Ensures
department personnel are properly supervised, trained, and
qualified to perform assignments, including emergency plan
- Administer coaching, mentoring and performance management,
including initiation of disciplinary action, for assigned
- Effectively communicating significant plant and personnel
issues to Maintenance Manager and all applicable levels of station
management. Fostering open communications and collaboration between
all organization internal and external to the plant including INPO
and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure effective communication of company programs,
announcements, policies, etc. to assigned employees and feedback to
the company from assigned employees.
- Participate in various aspects of work control, coordination,
scheduling, and engineering meetings involving online, load
reductions, forced outages and refuel outages activities, to ensure
that assigned work is properly assigned, planned and ready to
- Understands, supports and administers all Maintenance
processes, such as the training program, surveillance program,
procedure revisions and CAP to ensure effective work practices.
Identify and support improvement opportunities, when
- Supervise vendor inspections and repair of plant equipment.
Assure effective procurement and use of material, parts, tools,
equipment and M&TE.
- Participates in all aspects of Maintenance Department
management to support safe and efficient operation of the plant,
including the development, implementation and performance
monitoring of all corporate, site and divisional business goals and
- Budget $1-1. 5 million.
- Supervision of 6-12 FTEs
- 6 years related experience of which 4 years are in the craft
- Must have completed a positive Leadership Assessment (FLS)
- Meet ANSI requirements for site Maintenance Supervisor
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making and planning
- Successful completion of core supervisory/management training
and development programs
- two-year technical degree
- Fluent use of electronic work management system, Microsoft
- 3 years minimum experience in nuclear power plant
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and
employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Pepco Energy Services, Joliet , Supervisor Mechanical Maintenance, Other , Morris, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!