Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Company: Armstrong Flooring
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Our EHS Manager the subject matter expert and ensures that all
aspects of production operations are compliant with internal and
external EHS requirements. This manufacturing plant level position
supports a 350,000 square foot plant that manufactures residential
and commercial floor tile and operates 3 shifts a day employing 350
employees. This is a great opportunity to become a key contributor
and member of the Plant Leadership team.
Location: 1401 N. Hobbie Avenue, Kankakee, IL 60901
EHS Manager Salary: $95,000 - $110,000, based on experience (Gr.
How you'll contribute to the team:
EHS Program Administration
- Manage plant's environmental and safety reporting including
regulatory OSHA, EPA, and IEPA reporting and record keeping
- Prepare and submit all environmental permits.
- Create and manage budgets for EHS activities including
consulting and testing, waste removal, safety training and
equipment, safety recognition activities, etc.
- Management of the workers' compensation process in cooperation
with a third party administrator to ensure that employees having
legitimate claims expeditiously receive required benefits while
protecting the company's assets from illegitimate claims.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate the safety program for the
operation and monitor the work processes and procedures to drive
team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Facilitate training for all personnel on safety processes and
practices, new initiatives and injury and accident avoidance.
- Administer and monitor Behavior Based Safety initiatives. Serve
as the champion for changing and fostering a robust safety
- Facilitate two-way communication with leadership & employees,
regarding safety performance, incidents, and other related
- Perform internal audits to identify non-compliance, hazardous
conditions & unsafe behaviors; audit scope includes processes,
facilities and equipment. Conduct site safety audits as
- Evaluate plant's compliance with environmental regulations and
identify areas of improvement.
- Manage improvement opportunities & any non-compliance issues
from concept through conclusion.
- Mentor operational management in safety process.
- Be available to directly interface with employee and medical
treatment personnel (Company Medical Representative or Emergency
Room Physician) to insure proper level of care is provided for any
medical treatment case.
- Perform accidents/incidents investigations and facilitates the
development of root cause corrections.
- Conduct hazard assessment, including identification of hazards
and corrective action plans.
- Lead and facilitate safety committee meetings and
- Implement environmental solutions and drive changes in
manufacturing processes / systems that lead to reduction in
environmental waste streams.
- Lead investigations on any environmental regulatory
non-compliance incidents and provide urgent response to operational
- Provide project support for corporate EH&S
- Manage the plant's safety and industrial hygiene programs and
ensure compliance with internal and external safety and health
regulations and policies.
- Oversee all operational training and ensure requirements are
- Provide leadership, coaching, formal & informal training in
support of on-going initiatives.
- Develop and deliver monthly, quarterly, annual training
- Partner with operational managers to identify specific training
needs and work with Corporate EH&S Manager to design required
- Lead plant environmental and safety training programs.
- Provide technical expertise to plant personnel on key
governmental regulations pertaining to environment, health and
Keywords: Armstrong Flooring, Joliet , Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager, Other , Kankakee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!