Compounder / Blender Operator - Split Shift (10:00am to 6:00pm)
Company: PLZ Aeroscience Corporation
Location: Coal City
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving
and receiving instructions:
- Can get along with coworkers or peers without exhibiting
- Perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing,
supervising, persuading or speaking with others;
- Respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- Must be able to work independently without direct oversite
To create batches using hazardous chemicals and components in
large and small scales (8000gal to 5gal) while operating equipment
such as pumps/conveyors/unloaders/agitators and filling out all
quality documentation. Also to be able to move equipment or
materials into the room via a forklift, and flushing/cleaning a
system after it has been used and completing all paperwork.
JOB TIMES: Split Shift (10AM-6PM) –
While also providing vacation relief to either shift when
- Must be able to lift 50lb’s multiple times a day while around
metal drums, plastic drums, or bags.
- Able to drive a forklift or learn how to drive a forklift upon
- Comfortable lifting, unloading, and moving hazardous acidic and
- Wearing protective gloves, face shields, bump caps, and hearing
protection on a normal basis.
- Able to multitask with multiple batch creations, line
clearance/cleaning, moving materials into and out of the batch
- Use picking gun to scan out chemicals from the chemical room,
and move them into the compounding lanes for the room.
- Properly use FIFO principles to prioritize older chemicals in
- Remove empty drums/totes/storage vessels from the holding area
into the proper empty trucks or locations in the warehouse.
- Flushing lines from compound tanks and pumps to aerosol and
- Ability to use wrenches, socket wrenches, nut drivers, and
other various tools in order to troubleshoot issues on compounding
equipment or filter systems for production lines
- Use hydraulic drum lift equipment to add material from drums
into manways of tanks
- Use forklift drum lift equipment to add material from drums
into portable tanks or vessels
- Be a backup to Tank Farm Attendant for unloading liquid
chemical trucks into the tank farm
- Be a backup to Tank Farm Attendant for unloading aerosol
chemical trucks into the propellant tanks
- Be a backup to Tank Farm Attendant for creating aerosol
mixtures in the aerosol mix tanks.
- Use tri-blender to mix water and solid mixtures into
- Use super sack unloader and vacuum system to move pumice into
- Being able to confirm drum, bags, totes, or supersack
identification and then record all lot numbers for batch
- Using required PPE when gathering samples out of tanks, totes,
or portable vessels
- Working in a loud environment that has a mixture of many
different aromas due to multiple fragrances and chemicals used in
the area, many of which have low odor thresholds.
- Using a dust mask whenever dumping solid material into tanks or
- Ability to carry and use metal hose with Chicago fittings, and
able to follow instructions to properly clean everything around
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some experience working with chemicals and solvent mixing
and/or blending using powder and/or liquids strongly preferred
As a matter of policy and practice, PLZ recruits, hires,
and trains people for all jobs without regard to their race, creed,
color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity (including
transgender status), age, national origin, sexual orientation,
veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status,
genetic history or information, or any characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: PLZ Aeroscience Corporation, Joliet , Compounder / Blender Operator - Split Shift (10:00am to 6:00pm), Other , Coal City, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!