Quality Team Lead
Company: Ecolab Deutschland GmbH
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Ecolab is currently seeking a Quality Team Lead at our Joliet,
IL manufacturing plant. This position will report to the Quality
Manager and will support approximately 15 professional lab
technicians supporting a 24-hour operation and ensuring that
quality standards are implemented, sustained, and managed. What's
in it For You:
- Opportunity for a long term career path that allows for
exposure into all areas of the Ecolab's supply chain
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a
safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most
ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits packages in line with market and
industry standards What You Will Do:
- Manage a team of 13 lab technicians on a 24/7 operation
- Selects, trains, develops, retains top talent for the lab
- Use Chemistry knowledge and support from Quality Engineer to
make final decisions on product quality
- Maintains and manages all quality records; auditing when
- Establishes and maintains procedures for laboratory safety
- Provides technical support to plant operating staff
- Represents plant to regulatory agencies when needed
- Manage the production specification implementation process.
Maintain the use up and changeover process for raw material /
package component/label changes - communicate the change,
coordinate the bill of material change to match real time change.
Audit the change process and the bills of material to be sure all
changes have been implemented.
- Conduct the inspection and testing of finished goods inventory
on plant produced items and non-plant produced items as needed due
to product complaints or other identified quality issues.
- Establish and maintain all laboratory equipment, methods, and
reagents using the method assurance procedures, calibration
procedures and standardization procedures as required by the Global
QC Manual. Resolve issues that arise on the accuracy/correctness of
methods or reagents or equipment.
- Establish and monitor on an ongoing basis that chemical raw
materials are tested against the Ecolab specification C of A's are
received as proof of meeting the Ecolab specification for chemical
raw materials that require testing. Coordinate the review of the
chemical raw materials that should be tested. Resolve a problem
chemical raw material by interfacing with Corporate or Local
Research, Development & Engineering or suppliers or other plants,
- Support Corporate Quality and evaluate customer complaints to
resolve issues by identifying the root cause and participating in
identifying the action needed to eliminate the root cause.
- Serve as communication liaison between the lab and the Quality
engineers on site to support each R&D division to resolve
day-to-day questions that arise on products, product specs, rework,
complaints, plant QC procedures, FDA/EPA requirements, etc.
- Maintain the procedures for FDA products, GMP requirements,
including production record reviews, incoming raw material lot
approval, product testing, label control, sample retainer
maintenance, and GMP procedure maintenance.
- Support the complaint handling process to assure timely and
accurate feedback. Participate in an in depth, detailed
investigations. Provide follow-up on the outcome of the complaint
process to eliminate root cause that have been identified.
- Maintain the retainer review process. Provide a mechanism to
document variations identified and report them to the appropriate
R&D division. Verify that all required retainers are being
taken and retention requirements are being met.
- Establish and maintain the daily execution of production
specification QC requirements including finished product testing,
data recording accuracy, maintaining retainers and analytical
- Maintain and improve safety procedures in the laboratory. Audit
that safety requirements are being met or followed.
- Recommend continuous improvement projects related to TPM and
support the Site's goal of achieving TPM Bronze by the end of
- Learn, understand, and improve the daily functions of the lab
tech team. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related
- 2+ years of related experience, including working with or in a
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this opportunity
- 4+--years experience with 3 + years experience in consumer
product industry, regulated production or similar manufacturing
environment & related Supply Chain or R & D function.
- 3 years supervisory experience--in a manufacturing
- Previous Lab Tech or Chemist experience
- Strong written & oral communication skills and experience with
ERP and electronic specification systems.
- Expertise in ISO 9001, GMP and in managing quality improvement
- TPM experience or knowledge. Our Commitment to Diversity and
Inclusion At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and
inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where
every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed
to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We
recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for
advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job
performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation,
benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we
will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for
employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national
origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age,
disability, or status as a covered veteran. In addition, we are
committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to
fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran
individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where
you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Work with Purpose Hear how our
team is taking on meaningful challenges. Ecolab strives to provide
comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of
our associates and their families. We offer benefits to support our
associates' health and wellness, such as healthcare and time-away
policies. We also offer benefits designed to promote our
associates' financial well-being, including short- and long-term
financial incentives and retirement income and planning. Specific
offerings may vary by location. For more detailed information,
please speak with your recruiter. ---helping transform our
organization to enable growth. ---inspiring future generations of
leaders. ---making sure all the technology connections work as they
are supposed to. About Ecolab Ecolab is the global leader in water,
hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. Every day,
we help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier - protecting
people and vital resources.
Ecolab is an Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities, females,
veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and
Keywords: Ecolab Deutschland GmbH, Joliet , Quality Team Lead, Other , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!