Junior Software Engineer
Company: Wiley Edge
Posted on: July 31, 2022
WANT TO START YOUR CAREER AS A JAVA DEVELOPER?Paid graduate
training, ongoing support, opportunities at leading global
employers - the Alumni graduate program gives you everything you
need. (And don't worry, there's no training bond. No exit fees, no
hidden catches).Here at Wiley Edge, we pair great graduates with
brilliant global businesses. Our clients include tier one
investment banks and other organizations across a range of
industries, from insurance to healthcare to travel.WHAT YOU'LL
DO:As a software developer with Wiley Edge, you'll build complex
applications in a global team environment.You'll love seeing the
impact you make when code you've written launches to the people who
need it. If you stay on the lookout for new ways to get better
results through software development, you'll become an asset to
your team.HOW THE ALUMNI PROGRAM WORKS:
- Apply via this job advert.
- Complete our assessment process.
- Get trained at Wiley Edge Academy in an online class for 4-8
weeks with other graduates. Focusing on Golang, or other languages
depending on which coding languages our clients are looking for at
- Join a Wiley Edge client for 12-24 months while receiving
support and salary increases every 6 months.
- The vast majority then convert to permanent employees with the
client at the end of the program.WHAT YOU'LL LEARN AT THE WILEY
- How to design, develop, and test a full-stack application.
- How to demonstrate professionalism, including communication
skills and personal interactions.
- How to explain industry concepts at a high level.
- An understanding of monitoring, supporting, and
troubleshooting, and how it ties into good development
processes.WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related STEM subject
(science, technology, engineering, math).
- Good grades. We look for potential, not prestige, but it's
important that you enjoy pushing yourself to pick up new
- Experience with OOP (object-oriented programming).
- Solid knowledge of software engineering principles (data
structures, OOP, design patterns, multithreading).
- Skills in troubleshooting and debugging.
- Knowledge of database concepts (SQL, stored procs, schema
- An understanding of the formal SDLC (software development
- An understanding of test-driven development.
- The right to work without needing visa sponsorship.
- A requirement for this role may be to attest and provide proof
of vaccination for Covid 19 upon hireWHAT YOU'LL GET:
- Fully paid, in-depth, interactive training in small classes
with graduates like you. Our training is created and delivered by
industry experts who know your field inside out.
- A generous graduate salary.
- Pay rises every 6 months to reflect your progress.
- A flexible benefits package including gym membership.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Valuable industry experience. Ultimately, a foot in the door to
build your career in an in-demand niche.HOW TO APPLY:
- Hit 'Apply Now' to tell us a bit about you.
- Complete the online assessment (we'll send you a link by
- Complete the interviews with our friendly talent team over
phone and video.
- Lastly, you'll interview with one or more of our clients.So you
don't miss out on your dream job, we encourage you to be open to
relocating.We take great pride in celebrating the diversity of each
and every individual who contributes to making Wiley Edge the
company it is today and will be in the future. We value diversity
both within Wiley Edge and with our partner companies, and we're
proud to provide an environment where all our colleagues can
flourish. That means promoting a strong culture of equality but,
most importantly, inclusion. We never want people to change - only
add to the amazing mix of people that work for Wiley Edge.A
requirement for this role may be to attest and provide proof of
vaccination for Covid 19 upon hire.
Keywords: Wiley Edge, Joliet , Junior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!