Senior Developer - Remote Work Options
Company: Midland States Bancorp, Inc
Posted on: May 6, 2021
The senior developer will work as part of a custom development
team with peer developers to develop, maintain, and advance our
custom applications throughout the bank. Applicants must be
authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to
sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
- Participate and contribute to the development of digital
strategies aligned with business strategies.
- Familiarity with the appropriate agile or waterfall methodology
given the project.
- Research and provide recommendations for digital technology
- Be involved and part of a team that is responsible for the
overall design, build, implementation and maintenance of various
web applications including our website and custom applications.
Responsibilities: o APIs o Website design/development o Custom
application design/development o Development best practices o Data
- Establish and document the guidelines and standards for the
development and support of custom applications/website
- Lead and participate in all aspects of the development
lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design,
implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment to implement
- Manage adherence of third party vendors and team members to
development governance processes and standards
- Conduct periodic assessments of security, backup/recovery,
performance, load, and stress testing
- Maintain and expand expertise in one or more technical skills
through continuous self-study, training, and certifications.
- Mentor other team members on latest industry tools and
- May lead development teams on or offshore.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations including,
but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA). Position
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or any combination of education
and 5+ years of experience designing, building, and managing
- Knowledge of the following areas required: o Version control
(GIT, TFS, etc.) o Agile Methodology o Familiarity with REST APIs
- Prefer experience with: o Node.js o Project Tracking tools
(Remedy, Trello) o Query language (SQL) o Front-end framework
(Angular, React, Vue, etc.) o HTML/CSS o Salesforce (Apex, VF,
Lightning) o Excel formulas o Docker o Automated Testing tools o CS
concepts (Dependency Injection, IoC) o Experience with financial
services o Various bank application databases and how information
is stored (e.g., Call Report codes, various bank applications and
related financial codes) Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other
applicable federal or state-protected classification. LP123
Keywords: Midland States Bancorp, Inc, Joliet , Senior Developer - Remote Work Options, IT / Software / Systems , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!