Human Resource and Collections Specialist
Company: Pipe Manufacturing Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Pipe Manufacturing Company All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. Description:
Are you a self-starter that likes to work independently? Do you
enjoy a variety of responsibilities and working in a fast-paced
environment? If so, we would like to talk to you about joining our
team! We are a family-owned and leading manufacturer of
pre-insulated piping systems and we are seeking a Human Resource
and Collections Specialist. The ideal candidate will possess
excellent organizational skills and be a self-starter with three to
five years of experience in human resources. This position also
requires strong oral and written communication skills, accuracy and
attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and finish tasks
in a timely manner. Job Summary: The Human Resource and Collections
Specialist performs dual roles and is responsible for performing
all functions in human resources including onboarding new
employees, managing benefits, processing payroll and all related
reporting. This role is also responsible for processing customer
payments, notifying customers of delinquent accounts and
administrating the Lien Program. Human Resource Duties and
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as employee
- Identify potential problems and/or compliance issues related to
Fair Labor Standards Act and Illinois wage and hours laws.
- Ensure annual reporting is completed for Veterans 4212, EEO-1,
AAP, 401K Census and gathering of data for Non-Discrimination
Testing for Benefit Plans.
- Develop and administer employee communication via bulletin
- Assist management to meet current or anticipated staffing
- Manage and complete onboarding process for new employees.
- Maintain employee records ensuring completion of details and
- Manage payroll changes, review/approve employee timecards and
accurately and timely process bi-weekly payroll.
- Manage employee benefits including annual open
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to payroll
and benefits for management.
- Oversee completion of companywide annual Harassment Prevention
Training. Collections Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and identify outstanding accounts.
- Contact customers via email and/or phone to resolve past-due
- Document collections activity and prepare weekly status report
for internal distribution.
- Gather information in connection with new customers credit
limits and maintain credit files.
- Manage company Lien Program using Sharepoint and Levelset.
- Track and reconcile customer down payments and deposit
- Review and apply credit memos to open invoices when
appropriate, enter/apply customer payments to open invoices,
process credit card payments. .
- Three to five years of experience in human resources as primary
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Proactive and ability to work independently in a fast-paced
environment with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations and best practices
applicable to compensation.
- Experience responding to HR related inquiries with demonstrated
ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in all concerns,
issues and situations.
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working
- Familiarity / basic understanding of accounts receivable and
- Comfortable with being firm in communications with customers
and employees while presenting yourself and the company in a
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Paylocity experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Benefits
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Other types of insurance
- 401K If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this
application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing,
or otherwise participating in the employee selection process,
please direct your inquiries to Human Resources at 815-741-6700.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status. PI186645026
Keywords: Pipe Manufacturing Company, Joliet , Human Resource and Collections Specialist, Human Resources , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!