Human Resources Business Partner
Location: University Park
Posted on: June 22, 2022
About UsIMI Norgren LLC is part of global engineering
organization IMI plc. IMI is at the forefront of delivering the
solutions we need in a changing world and is focused on creating
tremendous value by solving key industry problems in attractive
markets and working with the best. Norgren has a proud history of
creating innovative engineering solutions in precise motion control
and fluid technology, and we collaborate with our customers across
more than 50 countries in critical areas such as Factory
Automation, Material Handling, Rail, Energy, Process Control, Life
Science and Commercial Vehicles.
Position Summary IMI Norgren is seeking a team oriented Human
Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to be based in our University
Park, IL office. The HRBP serves as a trusted business advisor to
the organization on HR-related programs and priorities. They will
assess and anticipate HR-related needs and proactively communicate
solutions. The HRBP collaborates to build trusted relationships
that deliver value that aligns to the culture and code of
The HRBP acts as a liaison to the organization on priorities such
as: Onboarding, Offboarding, Employee Relations, Performance
Management, Succession Planning, Learning & Development,
Engagement/Retention, Diversity & Inclusion efforts, and
Compensation. We are seeking an individual with excellent
interpersonal and communication skills who must be able to
communicate effectively and efficiently in all business-related
Work Location & Schedule: 25150 Governors Hwy, University Park, IL
60484 / On-site
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide trusted thought leadership and HR/Employee Relations
advice to all stakeholders, ensuring a balanced approach is taken
to resolving all HR issues. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal
requirements related to day-to-day management of employees,
reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Drive, influence, advise and support the cultural and people
aspects of organizational change.
- Drive accountability and provide day-to-day guidance to line
management as it relates to-coaching, counselling, career
development, succession and talent management, performance
management and disciplinary actions.
- Work proactively with managers and leaders to evaluate and
prepare for future talent needs. Manage all internal transitions
and promotions for workforce to ensure appropriateness and
- Support the organization in executing an effective recruiting
strategy. Develop, facilitate, and implement staffing strategies &
plans to ensure the right people are in the right positions with
the necessary skills to do the job.
- Identify training/skills needs and work with leadership to
create individualized development curriculum/plans
- Monitor training and on-boarding programs to ensure that
training objectives are met, and we are successfully integrating
talent into the organization.
- Administers performance review program and job descriptions to
ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance
and equity within organization.
- Compiles and maintain metrics and data for all internal and
external HR reports.
- Administers and maintains records for benefit programs such as
life, health, dental and disability insurance, pension plans
vacation sick leave, leave of absence and employee assistance along
with conducting annual enrollment.
- Partners with other functional areas (such as Manufacturing &
Safety) as required, to ensure applicable guidelines are adhered to
(both internal & external) while ensuring reporting and records are
accurate. Specifically, in the areas of EEOC, FMLA and OSHA
reporting. Assists with filings, surveys, and other regulatory
- Maintains training programs and documents for ISO
certification, TS, and Quality.
- Works directly with Corporate HR to carry out all corporate
objectives (training, surveys, policies, etc.).
- Works with outside agencies and regulators to effectively
manage unemployment and workers compensation claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
Expertise requiredEducation and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Management; or
the equivalent combination of skill development and work
- 5+ years' experience resolving complex employee relations
issues and progressive HR experience within a non-union
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines,
including compensation practices, organizational design, employee
relations, diversity & inclusion, performance management, and
federal and state respective employment laws.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented, and highly
- Must possess leadership qualities with exceptional
communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate
sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances,
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the
organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation
practices, and the administrative practices related to those
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Computers and Technology
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint &
- Proficient and comfortable working with spreadsheets and data,
ensuring data integrity and accuracy is maintained.
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now preferred
What IMI can offer youAt IMI, one of our top priorities is to
create an inclusive culture of health. We strive to remove barriers
to care (whether that be physical or financial) and in doing so, we
offer choice for all your health and wellbeing needs.
See below for a general overview of our amazing perks and
- Multiple health plans to choose from: HMO, PPO, and High
Deductible Health Plans with a low-cost share
- Full suite of voluntary benefits to tap into, including but not
limited to: Pet insurance, critical illness insurance, concierge
services, legal insurance, commuter benefits (if applicable), and
home & auto insurance.
- Employer contribution for Health Savings Account, and in many
cases free virtual telemedicine, and teletherapy.
- Best-in-class 401K plan with zero vesting and up to 6%
- Mental Health and wellness programs to support you and your
- Short & long-term disability as well as basic life insurance at
2x your basic salary at no cost to the employee.
- Free financial advisors, webinars, and classes through Charles
**Benefits plans change year over year, but we have guiding
principles in place to ensure our employees have the tools and
resources available to stay connected and up to date**
Health & SafetyThe physical demands described within the Key Duties
& Responsibilities section of this job description are
representative of those that must be met by all members of the
workforce at IMI to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is
regularly required to be independently mobile. The individual is
also required to frequently interact with a computer and
communicate with colleagues. Contact your local HR representative
to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that
may be specific to each role.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Duties - All members of our
workforce have the duty to ensure the health, safety and welfare of
themselves, others, and the environment.
Here at IMI, we value our workforce, our wellbeing, and our
professional working environment. The Cardinal Rules for HSE have
been designed to act as a guide for all: Take Personal
Responsibility and Accountability for Collective Safety, Observe
and Use Proper Lifting Techniques, Respect Machine Guarding
Systems, Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Perform
Hazardous Energy Control (Lock Out-Tag Out), and Operate Powered
Industrial Vehicle Safety. These rules are designed to keep our
employees safe and if not followed, can have serious consequences
to you, your co-workers, and our business. All members of the
workforce are expected to adhere to all safety policies and
Code of EthicsNorgren requires the highest standard of ethics in
all business dealings, particularly with customers, suppliers,
advisors, employees, and the authorities. In accordance with the
IMI Way: Our Code of Responsible Business.
Changes to This Job DescriptionNorgren may amend this job
description in whole or part at any time.
Norgren is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will
be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Keywords: Norgren, Joliet , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , University Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!