Staffing School Nurse Registered Nurse
Company: Interim HealthCare - Joliet, IL
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionInterim Health Care of Joliet is looking to hire
School Nurses (Registered Nurse) for one on one nursing for
elementary and Junior High Students.For more information, please
call (815) 725-9091 General Purpose:The School Nurse is a
registered nurse with advanced preparation, who provides for the
health care of preschool children, school-age children and
adolescents within the school setting. Exercises independent and
interdependent decision-making with direct accountability for
clinical judgment. May perform acts of diagnosis and treatment in
accordance with protocols as allowable under state law/practice
- Elicits a comprehensive health history from the patient and/or
parents and caregivers, to reflect physical and emotional health,
developmental/social well-being and immunization status.
- Performs health screens, physical exams, and age-appropriate
- Analyzes health history and interprets other data collected to
determine health status and care needs.
- Records all pertinent data.
- Manages acute and emergency health problems in the school
context and coordinates services needed for optimal health, safety
- Participates in the implementation of a planned health
education curriculum in the schools.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and the ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Registered Nurse with active license in the state(s) in which
he/she is employed.
- One (1) year experience as a School Nurse within the last five
(5) years or as required by contracted employer.
- Able to provide proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS)
training to include adults, infants and children.Knowledge, Skills
& Abilities Required:
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical and non-clinical
staff, children, adolescents, and adults.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively in an
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and
- Evidence of malpractice insurance with professional liability
coverage of at least $100,000 per claim with a minimum annual
aggregate of at least $200,000 from an authorized insurer under the
law (as required by the State).
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient
care.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is performed in school settings.
- Ability to physically stretch, reach, bend, stoop, twist, sit,
stand, walk and climb stairs.
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing and the ability
to identify and distinguish colors.
- Light to medium physical activity that may require occasional
lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - Joliet, IL, Joliet , Staffing School Nurse Registered Nurse, Human Resources , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!