Staffing Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Interim Health Care of Joliet is looking to hire a Certified
Medical Assistant to work in the Joliet area. The ideal Candidate
will be able to provide a certificate of completion from an
-accredited Medical Assistants program -and be certified through
the state of Illinois. Pay rate is $19.00 per hour. Please call
(815) 725-9091 and let us know you are on your way and we will have
an application ready for you.General Purpose:The Medical Assistant
as allowable under state law and under the direct supervision of a
physician, performs clinical support and administrative tasks
within the scope of his/her educational preparation, skill and
- Prepares patients for examinations, testing and
- Obtains measurements of vital signs, height, and weight and
records medical history.
- Assists the physician/nurse with examination and treatment of
- Administers medication orally and intra-dermal, subcutaneous or
intra-muscular injections as applicable to state law or
- Performs venipuncture for blood testing and the collection,
preservation and processing of specimens.
- Performs clerical and administrative activities as
- Performs electrocardiograms (ECG), assists with x-ray
procedures, and assistants in minor surgical procedures under the
direct supervision of the physician.
- Performs "front office" functions including, but not limited
to, answering the telephone, greeting and registering patients,
completing and coding patient medical records, completing insurance
forms for billing purposes, handling correspondences, scheduling
appointments, and bookkeeping as qualified and assigned.
- May supervise non-licensed personnel (e.g. registration or
front office staff, nursing assistants) within an office or clinic
setting through task assignments, direction and evaluation of work
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. -
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by
each organization/department.The Medical Assistant MAY NOT:
- Independently perform surgical procedures.
- Administer medications which include: (a) intravenous and/or
intraethical medication/solutions, (b) chemotherapeutic agents, (c)
narcotics or controlled substances, (d) investigational drugs or as
directed by state law or regulations.
- Apply casts.
- Perform any skilled nursing procedure prohibited by State Nurse
- Reconcile bank statements or endorse checks.Minimum Education &
- High School diploma or equivalent and
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistants program. -
Programs are accredited thru CAAHEP Commission on Accreditation of
Allied Health Education Programs and ABHES Accrediting Bureau of
Health Education schools.
- Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the
American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or Registration
through the certifying Board of the American Medical Technologists,
preferred but may no be required by contractors.
- One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant within the last
five (5) years.
- Additional state specific requirements as necessary.Knowledge,
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Evidence of current CPR training including adults, children,
infants and other training as required by the contractor.
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical and non-clinical
staff and individuals.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance in
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle.
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care as
appropriate.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in clinics, schools, hospitals,
doctor's offices, nursing homes or other occupational
- Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g. face masks, goggles, latex or non latex gloves).
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions; requires
normal, correctable vision and hearing to observe and assess the
- Medium physical activity is medium and may require frequent to
constant lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs., and
to physically stretch, bend, stoop, twist, stand, sit, walk, reach
and climb stairs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Joliet , Staffing Certified Medical Assistant, Human Resources , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!