Hotel Night Auditor - Full Time
Company: Penn National Gaming
Posted on: November 10, 2019
OverviewDont just work. Work Happy.A career in gaming? Hollywood
Casino Joliet we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced
days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth
and support from one of the leaders in the industry.An individual
could be successful if they possess the following.Your daily
- This position is responsible for providing a high level of
customer service and promoting a positive attitude to create a fun
and entertaining experience for our guests and Cast Members.
- Check guests in and out of rooms and RV Park.
- Make guest reservations, assign rooms/ RV slots and make
- Answer incoming telephone calls and provide appropriate
assistance such as directions, property events or promotions.
- Answer PBX incoming calls and distribute throughout
- Enter reservations for Hotel/RV park accommodations based on
- Verify payments received.
- Check arrivals and departures.
- Run daily reports.
- Count cash drawer and balance shift transactions.
- Perform daily cash drops and sign proper drop logs.
- Perform daily inventory of front desk supplies and RV park
supplies, notifying Supervisor of ordering needs.
- Assist Supervisor in data entry for reports.
- Hotel rate yield management, balancing hotel inventory,
identifying potential walks.
- Ability to possess a sales strategy mentality to maximize
occupancy and revenues.
- Adheres to all established credit and internal audit procedures
to minimize exposure to loss of revenues.
- Using proper accounting procedures to correct
- Invoking service recovery when appropriate.
- Review guest room accounts for accuracy.
- Expert in Emergency procedures and has a thorough knowledge of
all crisis communication material.
- Handle departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest
accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; complete
- Ability to complete night audit checklist with accuracy.
- Prepare informational packets as needed.
- Fill in for Breakfast Greeter as required.
- Understands and adheres to all Property and departmental
standards, policies and procedures.
- Receive in-bound calls and dispatch or handle
- Perform out-bound calling efforts as scheduled and prioritized
by supervisor or ETS system.
- Perform basic functions, data input and acquire information
from the following: ACSC, LMS, PBX, Open Table
- Achieve established levels of activity and meet objectives for
number and length of calls attempted, calls completed, sales
results, and abandoned calls, up-selling and the accuracy and
completeness of data input.
- Maintain detailed awareness regarding current and upcoming
property events, promotions, entertainment, packages, Club
benefits, food specials, and other offers for information
dissemination and up-selling.
- Handle reservation requests for invitational events, hotel,
restaurants and concerts.
- Utilize event manifests, RSVP spreadsheets and refer to fact
sheets as needed to fulfill call center initiatives.
- Provide regular updates on reservation status and response
- Directly handle guest issues and concerns determining alternate
solutions and resources in order to resolve issues.
- Work in harmony with supervisor and other department personnel
to escalate the handling of guest issues as needed to remedy guest
- Deliver phone scripts in a compelling and confident manner,
effectively offer tool box amenities and establish follow up action
when executing out-bound calls.
- Carry out several simultaneous tasks: take rapidly-arriving
incoming calls in succession, provide courteous, personalized and
professional service, and proficiently and accurately enter and
assess data across multiple systems and programs.
- Provide superior service delivery and strong persuasive
- Consistently follow the processes and procedures outlined for
handling calls including up-selling, personalization,
standardization and quality control measures
- Perform a variety of record keeping, filing, indexing and other
general administrative functions.
- Operate a variety of communication equipment.
- Must display the ability to be a team player and interface with
other departments to develop key relations to insure maximum
efficiency in completing job tasks
- Responsible for stocking and working Sundry shop.
- Assist with Differentiated EP services
- Other duties as assigned.ADDITIONAL DUTIES/JOB
DIMENSIONSRegular attendance in conformance with the standards,
which may be established by Hollywood Casino from time to time, is
essential to the successful performance of this position. Cast
Members with irregular attendance will be subject to Hollywood
Casino disciplinary action procedures up to and including
termination of employment.Due to the cyclical nature of the
hospitality/entertainment industry, Cast Members may be required to
work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the
property.Upon employment, all Cast Members are required to fully
comply with Hollywood Casino policies and procedures for the safe
and efficient operation of Company facilities. Cast Members who
violate Company policies and procedures are subject to disciplinary
action up to and including termination of employmentTo be
successful in this position it will require the following skill
setTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma or
equivalent is required along with 6 months of customer service
experience. One year experience in telephone procedures,
communication and data entry preferred. Guest Service, Sales or
Call Center Experience Preferred. Proficient with data entry and
excellent oral communication skills. Negotiation and persuasive
communication skills a plus. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced,
performance based call center, where calls are monitored, recorded
and assessed for accuracy, speed, and quality of service and sales
delivery. Must possess a pleasant outgoing personality and portray
a professional temperament for dealing with varied internal and
external customer situations. Must be able to handle multiple tasks
quickly with a great deal of detail and accuracy. Ability to work
under pressure, exercise good tact and independent judgment in
difficult situations. This position is responsible for providing a
high level of customer service and promoting a positive attitude to
create a fun and entertaining experience for our guests and Cast
Members. Must understand and speak the English language.LANGUAGE
SKILLSAbility to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other Cast Members of
the organization.REASONING ABILITYAbility to apply commonsense
understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few
concrete variables in standardized situations.PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile
performing the duties of this job, the Cast Member is regularly
required to talk and hear. The Cast Member frequently is required
to stand and walk. The Cast Member is occasionally required to sit;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The Cast
Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The Cast
Member requires manual dexterity to operate all necessary
equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision and distance. Work shifts are typically scheduled from
10:30pm to 7am.Something to leave you withPenn National Gaming is
more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United
States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode.
Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about
any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our
guests smile as much as we do means youll enjoy a fun working
environment.Now that you have read about who we are, here is your
opportunity to see what we're about!Equal Opportunity EmployerJob
ID 2019-65695Casino Property Hollywood Casino JolietPosition Type
Regular Part-TimeCategory Hotel Services
Keywords: Penn National Gaming, Joliet , Hotel Night Auditor - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!