Company: Aperion Care Bradley
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Aperion Care Bradley - SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the
Housekeeper is perform the day-to-day activities of the
Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state,
and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our
facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and/or the
Director of Environmental Services, to assure that our facility is
maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor, no matter
how minor they may be.
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing services
when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living
and/or residential areas.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish fixtures, ledges, room
heating/cooling units, bathroom fixtures etc.
- Clean floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping,
stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting etc.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash
receptacle with plastic liner.
- Agree not to disclose resident's protected health information
and promptly report suspected or known violations of such
disclosure to the Administrator.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants,
and solutions used for cleaning. Refer to manufacturer's
instructions when necessary.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when
handling infectious materials and/or hazardous wastes or
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions concerning
the mixing of cleaning compounds, liquids, disinfecting solutions,
- Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as
well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity
level at which they are currently functioning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
Keywords: Aperion Care Bradley, Joliet , Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Bradley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!