Packaging Associate I
Company: Pactiv Evergreen
Location: Grant Park
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Pactiv Evergreen is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are
subject to a drug test (excluding THC*/marijuana/cannabis) and
background check at the time of offer.
*THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law.
- Medical (Comprehensive PPO, two HRA Plans and an HSA plan)
- Dental (basic and comprehensive coverage)
- Vision (basic and premier coverage)
- Prescription drug coverage
- 401K with a 6% company match (Eligible to participate from day
one (1) with 100 % vesting in all company provided funds
- New Hire Wellness Bonus (see plan details)
- Healthcare and Dependent day care flexible spending accounts
- Livongo diabetes program
- Corporate discounts
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Shift from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Min. $15.82 and up DOE
* (Plus $1.00 Shift differential )
Safely and effectively packs finished goods and prepares product
- Provides support for the operations team by working safely to
feed material into machines, inspect product for defects and pack
finished goods in correct configuration.
- Performs quality checks and ensures correct counts on various
product sizes and packs into the appropriate packaging.
- Makes minor machine adjustments to minimize interruptions and
ensure quality product.
- Replacement of adhesive tape in hand tapers and automatic sealing
- Ensure that any finished goods or work in progress identification
labels are present and placed in the correct position.
- Stacks finished product in correct configuration, ready for
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping, and that area(s) of
responsibility are safe, clean and tidy.
- Promptly inform supervisor of any issues concerning health and
safety, hygiene, quality and efficiencies.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies; Adheres to
all Safety rules and regulations.
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is
- Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is
- Ability to follow standard work instructions is required.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc.(NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and
distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products
and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain
international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and
diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants
and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors,
supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food
stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food
processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com.
50 miles south of Chicago and close to the Indiana boarder, Grant
Park is a village in northeastern Kankakee County, Illinois. Grant
Park was incorporated in 1883. In 2010, Grant Park had a population
of 1,331. It is part of the Kankakee-Bradley Metropolitan
The plant was built in 1960's, Warehouse and Office areas added in
1988, and has approximately 150 employees.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental
disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression,
marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses
protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like
to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines and applicable laws.
Pactiv Evergreen employees are subject to post-hire drug and
alcohol testing in accordance with company policies
Keywords: Pactiv Evergreen, Joliet , Packaging Associate I, Hospitality & Tourism , Grant Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!