Hotel Night Auditor - Full Time $1000 Retention Incentive
Company: Hollywood Casino Joliet
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Overview----Dont just work. Work Happy.--A career in gaming?
Hollywood Casino Joliet we think youll enjoy an exciting industry,
fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers,
unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the
industry.--An individual could be successful if they possess the
following.--Your daily responsibilities includeRetention Incentive
will be paid out in 3 increments: $200 after 90 days, $400 after
180 days, $400 after 1 year.
- This position is responsible for providing a high level of
customer service and promoting a positive attitude to create a fun
and entertaining experience for our guests and team members.
- Checks guests in and out of rooms and RV Park.
- Makes guest reservations, assigns rooms/RV slots, and makes
- Answers incoming telephone calls and provides appropriate
assistance such as directions and information regarding property
events or promotions.
- Answers PBX incoming calls and distributes throughout
- Enters reservations for Hotel/RV park accommodations based on
- Verifies payments received.
- Checks arrivals and departures.
- Runs daily reports.
- Counts cash drawer and balances shift transactions.
- Performs daily cash drops and signs proper drop logs.
- Performs daily inventory of Front Desk supplies and RV park
supplies, notifying Supervisor of ordering needs.
- Assists Supervisor in data entry for reports.
- Responsible for Hotel rate yield management, balancing hotel
inventory, and identifying potential walks.
- Maintains a sales strategy mentality to maximize occupancy and
- Adheres to all established credit and internal audit procedures
to minimize exposure to loss of revenues.
- Uses proper accounting procedures to correct
- Invokes service recovery when appropriate.
- Reviews guest room accounts for accuracy.
- Functions as an expert in Emergency procedures and has a
thorough knowledge of all crisis communication material.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest
accounts, and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes
- Completes Night Audit Checklist with accuracy.
- Prepares informational packets as needed.
- Fills in for Breakfast Greeter as required.
- Understands and adheres to all property and departmental
standards, policies, and procedures.
- Receives in-bound calls and dispatches or handles
- Performs out-bound calling efforts as scheduled and prioritized
by supervisor or ETS system.
- Performs basic functions, data input, and acquires information
from the following: ACSC, LMS, PBX, Open Table.
- Achieves established levels of activity and meets objectives
for number and length of calls attempted, calls completed, sales
results, and abandoned calls, up-selling and the accuracy and
completeness of data input.
- Maintains detailed awareness regarding current and upcoming
property events, promotions, entertainment, packages, Club
benefits, food specials, and other offers for information
dissemination and up-selling.
- Handles reservation requests for invitational events, hotel,
restaurants, and concerts.
- Utilizes event manifests, RSVP spreadsheets, and refers to fact
sheets as needed to fulfill call center initiatives.
- Provides regular updates on reservation status and response
- Directly handles guest issues and concerns, determining
alternate solutions and resources in order to resolve issues.
- Works in harmony with supervisor and other department personnel
to escalate the handling of guest issues as needed to remedy guest
- Delivers phone scripts in a compelling and confident manner,
effectively offers tool box amenities, and establishes follow up
action when executing out-bound calls.
- Carries out several simultaneous tasks: takes rapidly-arriving
incoming calls in succession, provides courteous, personalized, and
professional service, and proficiently and accurately enters and
assesses data across multiple systems and programs.
- Provides superior service delivery and strong persuasive
- Consistently follows the processes and procedures outlined for
handling calls including up-selling, personalization,
standardization, and quality control measures.
- Performs a variety of record keeping, filing, indexing, and
other general administrative functions.
- Operates a variety of communication equipment.
- Must display the ability to be a team player and interfaces
with other departments to develop key relations to ensure maximum
efficiency in completing job tasks.
- Responsible for stocking and working Sundry shop.
- Assists with Differentiated EP services.
- Other duties as assigned.To be successful in this position it
will require the following skill set
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required, along with 6
months of customer service experience.--
- One year of experience in telephone procedures, communication,
and data entry preferred.--
- Guest Service, Sales, or Call Center experience
- Proficient with data entry and excellent oral communication
- Negotiation and persuasive communication skills a plus.--
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, performance-based call
center, where calls are monitored, recorded, and assessed for
accuracy, speed, and quality of service and sales delivery.--
- Must possess a pleasant outgoing personality and portray a
professional temperament for dealing with varied internal and
external customer situations.--
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks quickly with a great deal
of detail and accuracy.----
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise good tact and
independent judgment in difficult situations.--
- Must understand and speak the English language.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.--
- Ability to write simple correspondence.--
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other team
members of the organization.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.-- Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Work shifts are typically scheduled from 10:30 p.m. to 7
a.m.--PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear.-- The employee
frequently is required to stand and walk.-- The employee is
occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop,
kneel, and crouch.-- The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 50 pounds.-- The employee requires manual dexterity to
operate all necessary equipment.-- Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision and distance.------
Something to leave you withPenn National Gaming is more than you
may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and
are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and
areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And
our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much
as we do means youll enjoy a fun working environment.--Now that you
have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what
we're about!----------Equal Opportunity Employer----
Keywords: Hollywood Casino Joliet, Joliet , Hotel Night Auditor - Full Time $1000 Retention Incentive, Hospitality & Tourism , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!