Manager, Cardiac Cath Lab, St. Joseph Medical Center, Joliet
Company: Presence Health
Posted on: February 11, 2019
The Manager, Cardiac Cath Lab oversees the operational components of the Cardiac Cath Lab and Cardiac Interventional Recovery Unit (CIRU). The manager plans, directs, and coordinates the delivery of efficient and high-quality Cath Lab services in partnership with Cardiovascular Physicians. Supervises the clinical and technical components of the Cath Lab/CIRU services and has 24-hour accountability, authority, and responsibility for the operations of assigned departments. Duties include management of human, fiscal, and material resources and implementation of policies, procedures, standards, and regulations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and sustains an environment that supports excellence in clinical practice and patient care through planning and implementation of care delivery and performance improvement programs that result in positive patient care outcomes and efficient patient flow.
- Develops sustainable plans to ensure on-time starts, efficient room turnover, and ease of scheduling Cath Lab cases.
- Provides daily leadership through the following: encourage and manage individual performance; is visible and responsive to the needs of associates, physicians, patients, and customers; is entrepreneurial and creative in approach to achievement of goals; promotes teamwork and models behavior; fosters two-way communication.
- Supervises daily work of associates to ensure compliance with established standards and procedures, safety, environmental and infection control, quality improvement and regulatory requirements. Maintains accountability for appropriate staffing levels and skill mix to support volume and acuity.
- Exercises sound judgment when dealing with challenging and stressful situations.
- Establishes and implements goals, objectives and performance standards for departments reflective of strategic goals and objectives of the organization and Employer.
- Establishes and monitors the budget for areas of responsibility in order to ensure financial viability, efficient operations and delivery of cost-effective quality patient care. Manages human, fiscal and material resources with an ongoing awareness of market trends and healthcare policies.This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required. Bachelor s degree in healthcare related field required. Minimum five years progressive clinical and management experience required. Cardiac Cath Lab experience required.Bachelor s of Science in Nursing preferred. Registration by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or other professional organizations preferred.Computer Skills Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e. g., Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Registered Nurse with current Illinois License required. Basic Life Support certification required. 54302Business Unit: Presence St Joseph MC Joliet
Keywords: Presence Health, Joliet , Manager, Cardiac Cath Lab, St. Joseph Medical Center, Joliet, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!