Staff Nurse, Senior Services, Presence Villa Franciscan, Joliet, IL
Company: Presence Health
Posted on: October 9, 2018
Requisition ID: 55060
Location: PLC Villa Franciscan
210 North Springfield Avenue, Joliet, IL 60435 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Staff Nurse I - Senior Services oversees the delivery of care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to assigned patients in skilled nursing and extended care facilities. Collaborates with supervisors, physicians and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding patients' care. Directs and guides patient teaching and activities of ancillary personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs assessment and develops a plan to focus on the resident's physical, psychological and social needs.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure and other vital signs to detect deviations and assesses condition of patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and intravenous infusions. Assumes responsibility for correct dosages and maintaining correct infusion rates.
- Aids physician during treatments and examinations of patients. Prepares rooms, equipment and supplies for exams.
- Documents nursing interventions, patient reactions, effectiveness of treatments, and condition complications. Communicates information to charge nurse, peers and physician.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions. Modifies the plan of care focusing on age and development status and patient outcomes.
- Develops and instructs resident/family on home care plans and goals. Provides self-care instruction to both patient and family. Communicates appropriate medical information.
- Acts as resource person regarding patient care. Assists in teaching of nonprofessional personnel on the unit.
- Assists in the assessment of job performance of LPNs and nursing assistants on the unit.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Previous experience in a long term care setting or acute hospital preferred.
- IV experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required.
- CPR certification required.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Joliet
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Medical, Nursing, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Home Care, Healthcare
Associated topics: asn, care, ccu, domiciliary, nurse, psychatric, psychiatric, staff nurse, surgery, unit
Keywords: Presence Health, Joliet , Staff Nurse, Senior Services, Presence Villa Franciscan, Joliet, IL, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!