Restorative Nurse, Ascension Living, Presence Villa Franciscan, Joliet, IL
Company: Presence Health
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Requisition ID: 54054
Location: PLC Villa Franciscan
210 North Springfield Avenue, Joliet, IL 60435 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Under the supervision of the Restorative Coordinator the restorative nurse is responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring, and supervision of the restorative nursing program for the SNF ministry. The restorative nurse acts as the liaison between formalized therapy and nursing. Promotes a restorative nursing philosophy among all ministry departments. Responsible for completion of MDS and care plan related to restorative/rehab needs of patients/residents. Supervises restorative C.N.As and works closely with unit nurses and unit C.N.A.s to insure the restorative plan of care is being followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a current list of patients/residents participating in restorative program on each unit. For each unit, these lists will include at a minimum ambulation, range of motion (ROM), activities of daily living (ADL), assistive feeding devices, splints, hand cones/contracture care, bladder retraining, or other restorative program details.
- Responsible for daily documentation of restorative nursing measures for each resident in the program. Ensures all documentation meets the required State and Federal regulations guiding restorative programs.
- Responsible to ensure that all restorative nursing measures are reflected on the care plan as an approach to the problem or need for which they are being done.
- Works with appropriate departments to ensure assistive devices are consistently available and that they are addressed on the care plan.
- Works closely with Therapy Department. Sees that specific recommendations when discharged from therapy are carried through. Recommendations can be carried out by Restorative Nurse or assigned, as appropriate to Restorative C.N.A.'s.
- Makes rounds to oversee and monitor the program and to provide 1:1 teaching, as needed.
- Performs or oversees functional assessments on admission, quarterly, and with change in condition as indicated. Consults with all appropriate resources in developing restorative plan of care.
- Attends care planning conference and make recommendations. Reports on progress of restorative nursing goals for patients/residents.
- Works with staff in developing tools appropriate to perform quality improvement audits. Participates in quality improvement audits for restorative nursing. Utilizes outcomes from audits to create action plans using PDSA format.
- Provides orientation and ongoing education to ministry staff relative to roles, responsibilities, principles, and practices of restorative nursing.
- Participates with Nursing Administration in development of restorative nursing policies and procedures.
- Monitors restorative nursing assistants to ensure that proper restorative services are provided to residents/patients and responds to problems in services accordingly.
- Provides support in resident incident investigations.
Education and/or Experience
- Education level necessary to attain licensure as LPN or RN.
- Experience in geriatric nursing, rehabilitation, or long term care preferred.
- Working knowledge of nursing regulations governing long-term care.
- Successful completion of a course or other training program that includes at least 60 hours of classroom or lab training in restorative/rehabilitative nursing. Evidence of completion can be by transcript, certificate, diploma, or other written documentation from an accredited school or recognized accrediting agency such as a State or National organization of nurses or a State licensing authority.
- Basic computer skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current license as RN/LPN in the state of Illinois/Indiana in good standing with the Department of Professional Regulations.
- Appropriate certifications as required in State.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Joliet
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Geriatric, Rehabilitation, Nursing, Healthcare
Associated topics: hemodialysis, lead, licensed practical, licensed vocational, lvn lpn, med surg, mtp, nurse lpn, pediatrics, practical nurse
Keywords: Presence Health, Joliet , Restorative Nurse, Ascension Living, Presence Villa Franciscan, Joliet, IL, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!