Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Wexford Health Sources Inc
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Registered NurseTo Apply for this Job Click Here
POSITION: Registered Nurse
SCHEDULE: 6p-6a / 2p-10p (E3W)
FACILITY: Joliet Treatment Center
LOCATION: Joliet, Illinois
Starting at $44.00/hr.
Wexford Health is--proud to offer a competitive benefits package
* Annual increase
* 40 total paid days off per year
* 401(k) plan with 50% match
* Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
* and more!!
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health
manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing and
the site Medical Director, responsible for delivery of patient care
through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation
and evaluation.-- Also directs and guides patient teaching
activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of
The Registered Nurse shall provide a broad range of services to the
center including screening, assessment, medication delivery,
treatment plans and patient education.
* Assesses plans and delivers nursing care to inmates.
* Provides leadership to LPNs, CNAs and other nursing
paraprofessionals in patient care.
* Coordinates multiple medical services for diagnostic and
treatment as directed by the Medical Director, Physician, Physician
Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
* Enter housing units to pass medications or other medical items
and to conduct medical screening when necessary.
* Assist in minor medical or surgical procedures.
* Assist in screening of emergencies for necessity and priority for
referral to physician or mid- level providers and conduct daily
sick call screening
* Check and change dressings as required or as ordered.
* Maintain working knowledge of pharmacology including drug
* Maintain working knowledge of therapeutic diets and nutrition and
implement as per orders.
* Maintain working knowledge of social and behavioral sciences,
particularly as applied to the Correctional setting.
* Be capable of giving CPR instructions and ability to take charge
in a CPR emergency.
* Maintain the Problem Oriented Medical Record (POMR).
* Administer medications including IV therapy and IM injections and
all other approved routes of administration per the order of the
physicians/mid level providers.
* Recommend improved procedures, equipment and supplies to the
* Notify supervisor and complete written reports for any medical or
* Present/participate in in-service education sessions.
* Respond to inmate, staff or visitor medical emergencies and
provide appropriate first aid or triage.
* Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of
patients within the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the
* Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using
available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the
* Provides a written assessment of patient on admission, during
confinement and on discharge as requested.
* Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility
regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
* Dress code
* Schedule/time sheet/time clock
* Safety and security regulations
* Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
personnel.-- Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving
throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify.-- An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
TRAVEL:--Minimal travel required.
LICENSING:--Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state
CERTIFICATION:--Current CPR certification
EDUCATION:--Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:--One (1) year clinical experience
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources Inc, Joliet , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!