Emergency Medicine - Physician
Company: Ascension Saint Joseph Medical Center - Vituity
Posted on: September 17, 2023
* Joliet, IL - Seeking AP Fellowship Program Director - Partner
** Join the Physician Partnership Where You Have A Voice *
Vituity's ownership model provides autonomy, local control, and a
national system of support, so you can focus your attention where
you want it to be - on your patients.
Under the direction of the Site Medical Director, the AP Fellowship
Program Director - Partner will be responsible for developing
curriculum, coordinating and presenting didactic lectures, and
overseeing education and the clinical environment. They will be
responsible to ensure appropriate supervision of fellows and the
delivery of high-quality teaching, scholarship, and safe patient
care. They will also be responsible for the overall administration,
management, organization, evaluation, feedback, teaching,
recruitment, and faculty development of the advanced provider
faculty, fellows, and the overall program.
* Join the Vituity Team. * Vituity is a 100% physician owned
partnership and is led by frontline physicians that are all
equitable owners. As an equal and valued partner from day one, our
ownership model provides you with financial transparency, a
comprehensive benefit package including profit distribution, and
multiple career development opportunities. Our leadership
understands what your practice needs to thrive and gives you
autonomy and local control so you can provide care when, where, and
how your patients need it. You are backed by a best-in-class
corporate health care team and supported by the broad peer-level
expertise of 5,000 Vituity clinicians. A patient-first focus drives
everything we do, from continually seeking improvements in care
delivery to developing and implementing innovations in healthcare.
We believe everyone has a role to play in that.
* Vituity Locations: * Vituity has opportunities at 450 practice
locations across the country, serving 8 million patients a year.
With Vituity, if you ever need to move, you can take your job with
* The Opportunity *
* Oversee the quality of education, curricula, and experiential
* Responsible for the overall administration, management,
organization, evaluation, teaching, supervision, precepting and,
* Establish the clinical and educational assignments and schedule
of the fellows to achieve the educational objectives of the
* Support and deliver an engaging learning curriculum, policies and
procedures for the program.
* Ensure safe patient care at all participating sites and develop
processes for granting progressive levels of responsibility for the
* Establish the strategic direction and aims of the program and is
responsible for the standards, quality, and reputation of the
* Ensure the Advanced Provider Fellowship Programs meet all state,
federal, and other regulations and guidelines in accordance with
* Oversee and engage with all Fellowship Faculty, Clinical Faculty,
and Program Coordinators (if applicable); develop projects, analyze
* Regularly review the program to assess the quality of the
educational experience and to review the resources available to
ensure that maximal benefit is being derived from the integration
of the components of the program.
* Actively participate in recruitment and selection of new fellows
for admission to the program.
* Work to retain fellows within Vituity post-fellowship
* Assess performance of each fellow through a well-organized
program of a training evaluation.
* Partner with the Medical Director to select/approve faculty and
annually evaluate faculty for their performance in the fellowship
* Direct faculty in their activities within the fellowship
* Remain clinically active.
* Mentor and coach fellows, advise them regarding their career and
* Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to
* Evaluate fellows in a timely manner using competency
based/milestone evaluations and via direct observation and other
relevant evaluation methods.
* Participate in quality improvement and patient safety
* Model professional behavior and effectively lead the
multidisciplinary team within the system of care delivery.
* Assign duties to the Assistant Advanced Provider Program Director
and Coordinator as deemed necessary.
* Required Experience and Competencies *
* Physician with current, valid American Board of Medical
Specialties (ABMS) Certification or eligibility in relevant
field/specialty and an active unrestrictive state license to
practice medicine by the Medical Board.
* Licensed physician as a Medical Doctor (M.D.) or Doctor of
Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree from an accredited medical
school and completion of residency through an accredited residency
* Maintain membership and privileges on Hospital's medical staff
and comply with and abide by the bylaws, rules and regulations, and
the policies and procedures of Hospital's medical staff where
services are being provided.
* Physician Partnership status.
* 2 years of experience with the education/leadership/mentorship of
advanced providers and/or other learners required.
* Current national board certification required.
* Current state medical license required.
* 4 years of experience with the education/leadership/mentorship of
advanced providers and/or other learners preferred.
* Clinical and academic experience to ensure effective
implementation of the program requirements.
* Proficient working knowledge of software applications including
Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
* Ability to facilitate networking opportunities and create an
environment that fosters mentorship and promotes the career
advancement of AP fellows.
* Comprehensive and detailed understanding of Vituity policies,
educational administration, and hospital policies.
* Ability to stay updated with the latest advancements, new
developments, research, guidelines, educational methodologies, and
best practices in the relevant field/specialty.
* Skilled in strategic planning, organizing, and directing the
activities of a program; able to set program goals, coordinate
rotations, and manage resources.
* Strong communication skills to effectively interact with AP
fellows, faculty members, and other stakeholders: ability to
provide constructive feedback, address concerns, and foster a
positive learning environment.
* Effective collaboration and teamwork skills.
* Competent at advocating for the interests and needs of the AP
fellows within the institution and the broader healthcare
community; promoting professionalism, ethical conduct, and
patient-centered care; upholding the values of the profession; and
serving as a role model.
* The Practice *
* Ascension Saint Joseph Medical Center - Joliet, Illinois *
* Level II Trauma Center with 457 beds and an ED volume of 60,000
patients per year
* Comprehensive stroke center, regional referral hub for large
vessel occlusion strokes
* Newly constructed hybrid cath lab/OR to support a structural
* 24/7 in-house OB hospitalists, special care nursery
* All physician shifts have scribe coverage. EMR has Dragon Medical
* The Community *
* Located 45 miles southwest of the large Chicago metropolis
* Home of the Blues Brothers
* Known as the City of Excitement, Joliet provides easy access to
many entertainment venues and sports arenas, such as the Hollywood
Casino, Chicagoland Speedway, and the Harrah's at Joliet
* Year-round events including concerts put on by the Bicentennial
Park and Theatre and the summer-long Route 66 Street Markets
* Benefits & Beyond* *
Vituity cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits
package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your
needs of today and your plans for the future.
* Superior Health Plan Options
* Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, life and AD&D coverage, and more
* Partnership models allows a K-1 status pay structure, allowing
high tax deductions
* Extraordinary 401K Plan with high tax reduction and faster
* Eligible to receive an Annual Profit Distribution/yearly cash
* EAP, travel assistance, and identify theft included
* Student loan refinancing options
* Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including
LGBTQ+ History, Dia de los Muertos Celebration, Money
Management/Money Relationship, and more
* Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our
patients, communities, and employees.
We are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare
to improve lives and we believe everyone has a role to play in
that. We know that when we work together across sites and
specialties as an integrated healthcare team, we can exceed the
expectations of our patients and the hospitals and clinics we work
in. If you are looking to make a difference, from clinical to
corporate, Vituity is the place to do it. Come grow with us.
Vituity appreciates differences; our dedication to diversity,
equity and inclusion is at the heart of our organization. Vituity
does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race,
creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic
information (including family medical history), veteran status,
marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis
protected by law. Vituity is committed to complying with all
applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to
nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
*Visa status applicants benefits vary. Please speak to a recruiter
for more details.
* Applicants Only. No agencies please. *
Keywords: Ascension Saint Joseph Medical Center - Vituity, Joliet , Emergency Medicine - Physician, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!