RN - Skilled Nursing Facility
Company: Interim Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
RNInterim Health Care of Joliet is looking to hire Registered
Nurses to work temporary staff relief in Skilled Nursing, Assisted
Living, and Memory Care Facilities in the Joliet, Plainfield, and
Bolingbrook areas. Call (815) 725-9091 to learn more or upload your
The Registered Nurse is responsible and accountable for assessing,
planning, directing, providing and evaluating nursing care to
patients in accordance with facility/department policies,
procedures, clinical guidelines, physician's orders, and
established standards of practice.
* Reads and analyzes technical reports and data (e.g. lab and
diagnostic reports), policy and procedure manuals, written
physician's orders, and safety manuals, as well as a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule
* Responds to inquiries and complaints from physicians, patients,
family/visitors, colleagues and other health care providers and
* Presents written and verbal education and direction to patients,
family, licensed and unlicensed staff.
* Utilizes and calculates fractions, percentages, volume, ratios,
and proportions, as well as apply basic algebraic concepts to
practical situations (e.g. drug calculations, infusion rate
calculations) in the course of daily assignments.
* Establishes effective relationships with patients, physicians,
families/visitors, coworkers and superiors.
* Provides professional, respectful and compassionate care to all
* Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care provided to
all patients assigned.
* Recognizes changing patient conditions and emergency situations
and appropriately intervenes.
* Demonstrates critical thinking skills, sound judgment, and
leadership in planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the
* Displays a working knowledge of disease pathophysiology, common
diagnostic tests and procedures, as well as treatment plans.
* Provides direct care to patients with a wide variety of
diagnoses, conditions, and diseases through ongoing contact
throughout the assignment/shift.
* Administers medications according to established medication
administration principles, physician orders and facility policy and
* Reviews, interprets, transcribes and carries out physician
* Maintains a safe environment for all patients assigned.
* Operates all patient equipment and devices according to operating
instructions and facility policy.
* Provides legible, clear written or electronic documentation of
all patient care provided, medications administered, and the
patient's response to care.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient information in
accordance with contracting employer's policies and procedures.
* Supervises professional and non-professional personnel providing
patient care. Provides supervision to others through task
assignments, direction, evaluation and feedback of assigned
* Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
* May have access to personal health information ( PHI ) necessary
to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
* Current state license in good standing.
* One (1) year of nursing experience and/or as defined by the
* Able to provide proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS)
training including adults, children and infants. Additional
trainings may be required dependent upon specialty or facility
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
* Meets the requirements of federal and/or state criminal and abuse
background checks where applicable.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English with
all levels of the healthcare team, both clinical and
* Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple functions
* Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with multiple
* Able to work as a member of a team, including but not limited to
managing stress appropriately, making decisions under pressure, and
handling multiple priorities.
* Able to manage anger/fear/hostility/violence of self and
* Proof of valid driver's license if applicable.
* Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Work is performed in various health care settings and not limited
to clinics, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, doctor's offices or
* Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable
diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or
hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive
safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
(e.g. face masks, goggles, latex or non latex gloves).
* Work environment may involve occasional exposure to potential
electrical shock, and to x-ray/electromagnetic energy.
* Able to spend varying amounts of time sitting, standing and
* Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients and to
stand, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist
clients with standing and walking.
* Sufficient endurance to perform the required physical and mental
tasks over long periods of time.
* Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing and the ability
to identify and distinguish colors.
* Requires excellent hand-eye coordination and fine motor function
necessary to operate equipment safely and calculate/prepare
medications and other procedures.
* Able to successfully work in areas that are confined and/or
* Medium physical activity may require frequent lifting, carrying,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Interim Healthcare, Joliet , RN - Skilled Nursing Facility, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!