Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Caregiving is Our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As a hospice nurse for Amedisys, you have the special opportunity
to provide one on one hospice care to terminally ill patients in
their home. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time
with the patient to provide and maintain continuity of patient care
to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality
end-of-life care for the patient.
- Provides nursing care to patients within practitioner's scope
as directed by the Registered Nurse in accordance with Plan of Care
and care center policies.
- Communicates current health status and needs of patients to the
Registered Nurse and other appropriate disciplines/staff.
- Prepares clinical progress notes and follows patient care plans
as developed under supervision of the Registered Nurse/Case Manager
and according to care center policy.
- Keeps abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) conferences.
- Complies with policies, procedures and regulatory mandates
including but not limited to abiding to the terms of the Amedisys
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed
Practical Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to
work by the company.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The
mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have
one license (in person's state of residency) and to practice in
other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each
state's practice law and regulation. Nurse must legally reside in a
NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- Current CPR Certification.
- One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Licensed Practical
Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse or eligible for LVN/LPN intern
- Computer literate, with windows navigational proficiency. Able
to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
- Previous hospice experience or experience in treatment of
chronically ill patients.
- Knowledge of physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of the
terminally ill patient and caregivers.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Joliet , Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!