Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner, Joliet IL
Company: Wexford Health Sources
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Joliet, Illinois. This
and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by
Wexford Health Sources, the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced
management and technologically advanced services, combined with
programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two
decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing
expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy,
utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing,
and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue. This is for a Nurse
Practitioner/Physician Assistant Wednesday through Sunday, 2pm-10pm
at Joliet Inpatient Treatment Center, Joliet, IL.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager
and the Medical Director and clinical supervision of the Medical
Director, an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician's
Assistant licensed in the state of assignment is responsible and
accountable for evaluating and treating inmates upon referral and
acts as a consultant to the nursing staff.
The NP/PA shall provide a broad range of services to the center
including assessment, identification and treatment of medical
concerns, health education to patients, and illness and injury
- Perform paraprofessional medical services to the inmate
population and employees as appropriate.
- Direct other less qualified health care employees in the
delivery of care.
- Perform duties of an advanced technical nature.
- Assign, supervise, direct and train other health care personnel
in their duties concerning patient care, personal hygiene,
- Assist in supervising the serving and proportions of special
- Ensures proper medical practices are observed.
- Examine for, recognize and interpret symptoms of patient
- Participate in and assist in remedial measures and technical
decisions based on sound medical practice and knowledge.
- Order medications for inmates as required or with approval of
physician or dentist.
- Ensure appropriate supplies necessary for performance of duties
- Prepare patients for and perform or assist in special
treatments, procedures and examinations.
- Make infirmary rounds, cell house rounds and staff the
screening areas as requested.
- Perform historical and physical examinations.
- Make oral and written reports when requested to do so.
- Assist or perform with supervision, minor surgical
- Enforce written policies and procedures of Wexford, the Health
Care Unit and the facility.
- Utilize the SOAP charting format to document pertinent inmate
information in chronological order in the health record and
maintains POMR format.
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures to
effectively diagnose and treat the inmate's health
- Draws blood specimens for testing and performing other
comparable procedures when personnel that customarily perform these
procedures are not available.
- Initiates referrals to other members of the health care team,
monitors the schedule of patients for special tests.
- Counsels inmates on preventative care, medical problems, and
use of prescribed treatment.
- Performs routine wound care, minor debridement, and dressing
- Generally assesses inmate's medical status and assists the
assigned physician with inmate management as required.
- Utilizes appropriate infection control techniques.
- Establishes individualized treatment plans and insures the
continuity of care for inmates requiring on-going health care
- Completes required amount of C.E.U.'s and maintains RN/ARNP/PA
- Maintain the confidentiality of inmate records.
- Approach change in a positive manner.
- Make suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical
Director and Health Care Unit Administrator.
- Accept constructive criticism in stressful situations.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees as requested or
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction,
perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Conforms to Wexford Health Sources, Inc., and facility
regulations as appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving
throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as NP or PA in the state of
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Certification from an accredited college/university as
an Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician's Assistant
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years' experience as a NP/PA preferred.
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources, Joliet , Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner, Joliet IL, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!