Clinical Psychologist Director Team
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Would you have interest in a role to learn and grow?MENTAL
HEALTH UNIT DIRECTOR
- Clinical Psychologist
- Join a team of three leaders; Mental Health Services Director
and two Unit Directors
- Strong collaborative Mental Health TeamJoliet Treatment Center;
an innovative and progressive concept in correctional mental
are looking for trail-blazers who thrive on challenges and unique
and diverse cases.SummaryCorrectional medicine is a unique
specialty area of practice; a broader range of clinical cases than
most treatment centers, a very diverse population, and an
opportunity to make a significant impact in an individual's life, a
family, and a community.The Site Mental Health Unit Director will
function as a lead member of a multidisciplinary team, directing
and supervising program psychologists and mental health staff,
providing clinical direction, structure and support. The Mental
Health Unit Directors will ensure that all mental health services
and clinical activities conform to Wexford Health policy, Illinois
Administrative Directives, and standards and best clinical
thirty years, the Illinois Department of Corrections has partnered
with Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care companies to provide experienced
management and technologically advanced services, combined with
programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly
three decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven
staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health,
pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims
processing, and quality management services.
Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending accountDuties Included
- Ensures that all site level Mental Health services and duties
are conducted in compliance with Wexford Health's Policies and
procedures, IL Administrative Directives and standards of
- Responsible for managing and supervising the mental health team
and all clinical services.
- Ensures the appropriate administration and interpretation of
standardized tests, assessments and screening.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary treatment team meetings and
- Ensures the completion of Mental Health screenings and
assessments and responses to Health Need Requests (HNR's).
- Ensures that individual and group counseling sessions are
clinically appropriate, and agreed upon by the treatment.
- Supports and coordinates discharge planning and the referral
when an inmate is discharged to the community, work release or
elsewhere within the system.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies,
procedures, and Health Service Bulletins.
- Contributes to unit development and implementation of written
and/or verbally directed clinical procedures.
- Participates in mandatory as well as elective educational
- Ensures that the inmate mental health orientation of new staff,
as well as inmate orientation is provided in accordance with all
- Coordinates/leads weekly staff meetings and follows all
- Adheres to universal precautions and other appropriate
infection control practices.
- Adheres to safety and security policies, and participates in
- Follows security regulations and policies, with consideration
of clinical factors.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies and
- Receives individual and group supervision by a licensed
- Completes Biopsychosocial Assessments, treatment plans, mental
health reports and summaries, and attends weekly multi-disciplinary
treatment planning meetings as scheduled.
- Completes chart reviews as required.
- Engages in internal/external audit preparation and review
process as directed by the Site Mental Health Director.
- Appropriately recommends/offers input to multi-disciplinary
team for transfers to alternate levels of care, and/or grade
changes when requested.
- Participates in all mental health log entries as directed.
- Adheres to all Behavioral Health Policies and Health Services
- Performs other related duties as assigned.The duties and
responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only;
employees may be assigned other duties as required.
LICENSING: Licensed as a Clinical Psychologist in
Illinois.CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certificationEDUCATION:
Doctoral level degree in PsychologyPREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Will have attended an American Psychological Association (APA)
approved graduate training program and Internship which provided
the appropriate foundation in assessment, intervention and
- Prior experience in providing correctional/ forensic mental
health services is essential.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.EOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Wexford Health, Joliet , Clinical Psychologist Director Team, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!