Registered Nurse Staffing School Nurse
Company: Interim HealthCare - Joliet, IL
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionGeneral Purpose:The School Nurse is a registered
nurse, who provides for the health care of preschool children,
school-age children and adolescents within the school setting. The
School Nurse exercises independent and interdependent
decision-making with direct accountability for clinical judgment.
May be required to do paperwork (filing & sorting) Essential
- Elicits a comprehensive health history from the patient and/or
parents and caregivers, to reflect physical and emotional health,
developmental/social well-being and immunization status.
- Performs health screens, physical exams, and age-appropriate
- Analyzes health history and interprets other data collected to
determine health status and care needs.
- Records all pertinent data.
- Manages acute and emergency health problems in the school
context and coordinates services needed for optimal health, safety
- Participates in the implementation of a planned health
education curriculum in the schools.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access
to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- Registered Nurse with active license in the state(s) in which
he/she is employed.
- One (1) year experience
- Able to provide proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS)
training to include adults, infants and children.Knowledge, Skills
& Abilities Required:
- Able to effectively communicate with clinical and non-clinical
staff, children, adolescents, and adults.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively in an
- Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient
care.Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is performed in school settings.
- Ability to physically stretch, reach, bend, stoop, twist, sit,
stand, walk and climb stairs.
- Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing and the ability
to identify and distinguish colors.
- Light to medium physical activity that may require occasional
lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare - Joliet, IL, Joliet , Registered Nurse Staffing School Nurse, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!