Posted on: August 15, 2019
Chemical Project Manager - Joliet, IL Area
Functional Role Description:
The Project Manager (PM) is fully responsible for the overall
development and execution of small- to medium- (typically up to
$1MM fee) projects including project profitability, safety, and
client satisfaction and controlling available resources, project
scope, schedule, budget and contractual requirements. The PM
possesses broad knowledge, understanding and experience with the
basic engineering and construction models including A/E, AEPCM,
Design Build and/or CM. PM's provide leadership and organization to
the project and instill confidence in the client regarding the
project team's abilities. The PM demonstrates excellent
communication skills (verbal and written) and maintains specific
knowledge of planning and scheduling functions and a thorough
understanding of contract administration, liability and safety
issues. The PM serves as the primary point of contact for the
client and other outside consultants concerning the project.
- Coordinates completion of defined work scope for a project
between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project specifications and reviews
progress as drawings are developed and prior to issue for permit
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and prepares Change
Authorizations as required.
- Develops, reviews and approves all project management documents
via the DTSR including: scope development, project costs and
schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Supervises the preparation of proposals, project
specification/scopes and assists in negotiating final
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability
and technical performance of the project and develops innovative
actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercises cost efficient and innovative approaches in the
design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipates, recognizes and identifies key project
issues/problems and establishes objectives and priorities in
solving them and determines solutions and directs their
- Supports business and relationship development activities of
the Chemical Business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years project management experience in a consulting
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Construction
Management, an Engineering discipline or similar
- PMP Certification preferred
- PE preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Physical Demands: The characteristics described below are
representative of those encountered while performing the essential
functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands
and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use
fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as work load's dictate. This may
include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays
- This employee will be assigned to work at a Client's office,
facility or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will
vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will
generally apply. When performing outside Middough's office,
appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided
by Middough and/or Client, as required.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that
requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the
principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women,
protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Middough, Joliet , Project Manager, Executive , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!