Patient Access Director
Company: Keystone Advisors
Posted on: May 24, 2019
Keystone Advisors is an independent Certified Public Accounting
firm that specializes in providing Financial Advisory Solutions,
Technology Management, Attestation, Accounting, and Auditing
Services, Business Performance and Transformation, Program
Management Support, Budget Support, Interim CFO Solutions and Staff
Augmentation. Keystone is seeking a Patient Access Director. The
Patient Access Director reports to the System Director of Revenue
Cycle. The Patient Access Director is responsible for the
- Assessing, directing, and coordinating all patient access
resources of the Health System to improve and contribute to the
accurate and efficient capture, management, and collection of
patient service revenue.
- Managing the patient access operations and staff for the health
- Managing the following processes in all patient access
throughout the health system including inpatient, ambulatory and
emergency departments: pre-arrival process, admitting, centralized
and decentralized registration, insurance verification, bed
control, and vendor management Essential Duties and
- Completes (or contributes to the completion of) various
financial forecasts, annual budgets, month-end financial reporting,
receivables levels, cost center productivity and any long-range
strategic planning for the department.
- Accountable for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, performance
monitoring, retention, initiating/follow through with disciplinary
action and termination of staff in consultation with Human
Resources and the System Director of Revenue Cycle.
- Collaborates with the System Director of Revenue Cycle and the
facility managers of patient access in developing the overall
strategy for the standardization of patient access processes and
operations across all facilities. This includes the standardization
of patient access reporting and processes within all patient access
- Reviews, recommends, and implements new leading practice
initiatives across patient access areas for optimal departmental
- Collaborates with the Information Systems department to attain
optimum performance in achieving departmental goals and
- Provides direction to hospital patient access managers on the
standardized functioning of the pre-registration process,
scheduling, admitting, centralized and decentralized registration,
insurance verification, bed control, case management, and vendor
- Collaborates with the facility managers on establishing and
maintaining goals and objectives and evaluates processes that lead
to their achievement.
- Creates and maintains the patient access dashboard for internal
management of system departments and as a monitoring tool for
- Ensures that patient access processes and services are
continuously monitored for quality, cost effectiveness, and
- Engages in process and quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for creating or approving policies, procedures, and
- Provides information to senior levels of management on the
implication of policies and procedures being formulated and
recommends specific action.
- Reviews and approves annual operating budgets and monthly
variance reporting, ensuring that operations are managed within
- Understands/interprets compliance regulations, standards and
directives regarding governmental /regulatory agencies and/or
third-party payers and how these regulations affect patient
- In collaboration with IT leadership, develops technology road
maps as they relate to patient access.
- Actively participates in department and hospital committees, as
well as in special projects.
- Promotes quality management by initiating/participating in
specific reviews and assists with quality monitoring.
- Performs other related duties requested by the Senior Director
of Revenue Cycle Operations, Hospital CFOs, and/or Health System
CFO.Direct Reports include the Patient Access Site Managers, System
Manager of Pre-Registration, System Manager of Financial
Counseling/Call Center, System and Manager of Patient Access,
Training and QA Qualifications: Educational Requirements Bachelor's
degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Accounting or
relevant field (preferred) Years of Experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Patient Access.
- 1 - 3 years of experience supervising others in Patient Access,
Pre-Registration, Financial Counseling/Call Center, Training and QA
or related field in a hospital or healthcare facility.Additional
skills or abilities required to perform essential duties of the job
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates sensitivity and respect in caring for
- Written and verbal communication
- Analytical skills, problem solving skills
- Mathematical skill, describe:
- Attention to detail
- Work to deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability in performing work duties
- Understanding of Federal, State, and Local healthcare
- Ability to make competent professional judgments and decisions,
understanding of the formal and informal organizational structure,
demonstrating a desire and willingness to maintain and upgrade
professional skills and education.
- Should demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent
interpersonal skills with groups and one on one.
- Proficiency in Windows-based software including Word,
PowerPoint and Excel.
- Performs well in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment
both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Match
- Health Insurance package available--
Keywords: Keystone Advisors, Joliet , Patient Access Director, Executive , Chicago, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!