Commercial Syndication Manager
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The Syndication Manager is responsible for coordinating complex
syndicated and bilateral loans for Commercial Banks. The team works
closely with the Busey origination businesses, ensuring that all
necessary information is reviewed for operational feasibility and
optimal execution. The team partners with various internal and
external parties, including all internal business segments, partner
financial institutions, legal and compliance.Additional Duties:
- Act as Busey's single point of contact to proactively manage
and maintain a portfolio of complex structured leveraged and
high-grade loan transactions for Commercial Banks
- Support multiple business segments and all regions in
coordinating the execution and closing of complex structured loan
transactions, including, but not limited to, new deals,
refinancings, amendments, and acquisition financings
- Provide ownership and complete operational oversight on
syndicated loan transaction closing mechanics to ensure all closing
requirements such as closing documentation, regulatory requirements
and conditions precedent are met prior to deal execution
- Serve as system administrator for syndication platform
- Monitor market and competitor trends to align our pricing,
offers and partnership efforts
- Review and comment on legal loan documentation for operational
feasibility, optimal execution mechanics, regulatory requirements
and mitigation of operational risk
- Review internal loan-related spreadsheets (e.g. funds flows)
for accuracy and completeness
- Preparation of Confidential Information Memorandums to be
reviewed with other financial institutions
- Liaise and coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal
and external clients (i.e. Debt Capital Markets, Syndicate, Credit
Risk, Loan and Agency Services, Product Control, Legal, Trade
Settlements, Borrowers and Lenders)
- Review and advise on funding mechanics and operational
- Assist with ad-hoc inquiries from Borrowers, Lenders, and
Arrangers pertaining to the closing process and ongoing
- Schedule internal conference calls to ensure pre-closing
requirements have been met and resolve or escalate any outstanding
- Assist internal colleagues with fee documentation and
- Execution of best practices and control, risk mitigation and
escalation point of contact
- Lead and act as SME in projects and provide valuable input with
various working groups created to enhance performance and
efficiency WHAT YOU'LL BRINGKnowledge of:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Loan products and the syndicated loan business
- Financial services, specifically within commercial banking
- Strong organizational and project management skillsAbility to:
- Multi-task and work independently
- Build relationships with internal partners and external
- Analyze and solve problems
- Review and negotiate operational and regulatory terms within
legal loan documentation
- Take independent action within established guidelines and
develop new procedures and approaches when needed
- Perform duties under frequent time pressures EDUCATION AND
- Requires Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Business,
Finance or related field.
- Requires 5+ years of Syndicated Loan operational and
- Syndication desk platform operation and experience
- Requires proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Management and leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nCino systems preferred. STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Customer Service - Adheres to The Busey Promise service
standards set by Service Excellence in order to anticipate and
exceed the needs of our customers, both internal and external.
- Functional Knowledge and Technical Skills - Skilled in
job-specific knowledge that is necessary to provide the appropriate
quantity and quality of work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accountability - Work behaviors demonstrate responsible
personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall
goals and objectives of Busey.
- Interpersonal Relations (Teamwork) - Interacts effectively with
others to establish and maintain smooth working relations.
- Interactive Communication - Listening to others and
communicating articulately, fostering open communication.
- Attention to Detail - Working in a conscientious, consistent,
and thorough manner.
- Information Gathering and Processing - Locating and collecting
data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare
meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information.
- Analytical Thinking - Analyzing and synthesizing information to
understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision
making. WORK ENVIRONMENTDuties are performed in an office setting
and include physical demands such as the manual dexterity and skill
to operate standard office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this position.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of work being performed by people
assigned to this job. They are not intended to be considered an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the
people so classified. Busey believes that diversity and inclusion
among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we
seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a
diverse candidate pool.Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority
for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic
information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status,
military status, veterans status, citizenship status, disability,
order of protection or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law or other non-merit based factors.
Keywords: Busey, Joliet , Commercial Syndication Manager, Executive , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...