Company: MMR Consulting
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Previous Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience is mandatory for this
role.MMR Consulting is an engineering and consulting firm
specializing in the pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries in
the US & Canada. Its services include Engineering, Project
Management, and other Consulting services. MMR's Engineering
expertise includes Process, Automation, Facilities engineering.
Pharmaceutical expertise includes Oral Solid Dosage, Semi-Solids,
Liquid-Dosage (TS and Aseptic), API manufacturing, Biotechnology
(Vaccines, Blood Plasma Fractions, Monoclonal Antibodies).
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our growing team, where
the successful candidate will work with a group of engineers
involved in the design, commissioning & qualification, start-up and
project management of various processes, systems and facilities.
The work may require working out of client's facilities, which are
typically in the Greater Chicago Area (within one hour driving
distance of Chicago).
We are hiring at different levels (Senior / Intermediate / Junior)
based on years of experience. Please refer to Position Level
- Provide technical guidance into the engineering assessments,
design, project management, commissioning and start-up of equipment
and facilities, for upgrades, renovations and expansions of client
facilities and processes.
- Lead or support project execution from feasibility through to
project completion/handover, including all project stages such
as:-Feasibility Assessments-Concept Design, Basic Design, Detailed
Design-Procurement-Construction / Installation-Project Controls -
Monitoring-Commissioning & Qualification
- Prepare business cases, with project purpose, risks, budget,
schedule, resource requirements.
- Manage other engineering design firms, equipment vendors,
construction firms and internal / external stakeholders as required
to execute projects.
- Review technical documentation such as P&IDs,
specifications, layouts, manuals, datasheets.
- Integrate safety into the design and execution of all projects
(HAZOP reviews, PHSRs, design reviews with EHS
- Prepare/review automation sequences, as required for Process
- Engage and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and
other cross-functional departments (Process, automation, building /
facilities, procurement, construction management, commissioning,
qualification & validation, manufacturing operations, EHS, quality
- Facilitate project management tools throughout the execution of
projects, such as procurement tracking, vendor management, meeting
minutes / action lists, risk register log, schedule updates,
- Coordinate meetings with cross-functional departments, to drive
project progress, facilitate decisions, provide updates.
- Travel may be occasionally required for meetings with equipment
fabrication vendors or Factory Acceptance Testing (FATs).
- Work may require occasional support over shutdowns or extended
hours, specifically during installation, construction,
commissioning, qualification & validation phases.
- You may be involved with other aspects such as
client-management (maintain key Client relationships in support of
business development and pursuit of new work), project
scheduling/budgeting, coordination of client and MMR resources for
effective project delivery, supporting business development
(providing technical support to the sales as required for
proposals/opportunities), presenting at industry
conferences/publishing papers etc.
- Visit construction and installation sites, wear necessary
- Supervise contractors during critical installations of process
equipment and associated utilities.
- Other duties as assigned by client, and/or MMR, based on
workload and project requirements.
- As this position requires working on client sites, you will
need to comply with the client's safety rules including mandatory
vaccination policies for COVID-19, where applicable.
- 1 - 12+ years of experience in engineering / project management
of various equipment and facilities within the
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry,
with knowledge of requirements for a cGMP operation.
- Possess leadership skills, and be able to take initiative to
lead projects, involving multiple stakeholders, departments, and
- Possess mentorship skills, to coach and develop junior and
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Engineering degree, preferably in Mechanical, Chemical,
- Certification in Project Management would be an asset.
- Travel may be required on occasion. Ability to travel to the US
would be an asset.
- Senior > 12 Years
- Intermediate 5 - 12 Years
- Junior 1 - 4 Years
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable AccommodationsMMR
Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
employees. Our hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications,
and business needs. We are committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or
interview process, please let us know the nature of your
Keywords: MMR Consulting, Joliet , Project Manager, Executive , Bradley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!