Senior Manager Pricing Strategy
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Discover. A brighter future.With us, you ll do meaningful work
from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core
behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed
Together. And we mean it we want you to grow and make a difference
at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments
companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an
opportunity to shine. Come build your future, while being the
reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with
Discover.Job Description Discover Financial Services is a direct
banking and payment services company with one of the most
recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception
in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in
the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America s
cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal
loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and
certificates of deposit thought its direct banking business. It
operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network,
with millions of merchant cash access locations; PULSE, one of the
nation s largest ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International,
a global payment network with acceptance in 190 countries and
territories. Discover s vision is to be the leading direct bank and
payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter,
manage debt better and save more so they achieve a bright financial
future. At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork
and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as
employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently
awarded for both. We re all about people, and our employees are why
Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions
of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours
along the way with a rewarding career.Discover s Global Pricing
Organization:The Global Pricing Team is responsible for optimally
pricing network products and services, driving revenue growth and
merchant acceptance throughout the organization. To do this, the
team collaborates with internal partners to manage a pipeline of
pricing initiatives and requests, ensuring all requests are
evaluated in a consistent manner which includes audit, risk and
governance oversight. When designing pricing strategies, the team
also contemplates internal and external competitive benchmarks,
potential partner reactions and cross-functional
implications.Lastly, the team is responsible for the successful
execution and implementation of these pricing strategies, taking
into consideration system development needs, and internal and
external communication and training requirements. Primary
Responsibilities and Duties of the Pricing Senior Manager:
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication
- Develop, coach and upskill team members to reach their highest
potential and to delegate responsibilities across the
- Participate in cross-functional teams to solve business
problems using pricing solutions, collaborating and coordinating
with internal stakeholders to make recommendations.
- Develop robust pricing strategies and policies for various
- Perform quantitative analyses using internal and external data
(e.g. industry research, analyst reports,) sources to facilitate
delivery of robust pricing strategies and policies.
- Deliver interchange and network fee solutions and strategies
for various products and industries. Support and guide Discover
staff through these proposed interchange and network
- Develop and implement pricing strategies for new and evolving
products and services, particularly focusing on tokenization,
authentication, fraud management and data services.
- Continuously search for, gather and synthesize external data to
enable benchmarking and to inform pricing strategies and policies.
Develop a comprehensive database for reference.
- Effectively communicate pricing changes to internal colleagues.
Partner with these colleagues to communicate these pricing changes
to external partners.
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships with Global
Pricing, and other key business partners, including Operations,
Strategic Client Management, Finance and Business Development
- Establish, document and formalize processes and controls to
drive greater operational efficiencies and excellence for critical
initiatives and deliverables. Address risks and opportunities with
- Perform thorough and detailed data analysis in support of the
identification of pricing solutions and initiatives to digitize
transactions, enhance network data quality, and increase
- Design and implement industry-leading pricing solutions that
support market and regional business strategies.
- Develop and deliver new pricing systems and processes by
highlighting opportunities for improvement, overseeing
implementation of solutions and through effectively managing
development cycles for various Discover and Diners Club
International Network initiatives.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor s Degree.
- Proven work experience as an effective team leader.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, including the ability to
prioritize issues and identify the best solution out of many
- Track record of creativity in problem solving and flexibility
in adapting to new requirements as their role evolves.
- Proven ability to drive enhancements in infrastructure,
processes and standards.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive transformational
- Analytical acumen with the ability to effectively synthesize
insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Aptitude for researching and evaluating industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills capable and
comfortable with developing and providing well-structured
communications, presentations, and reporting to all levels of the
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and
build credibility as a "peer" with functions.
- Highly proficient in Excel and other spreadsheet tools.
- Extremely strong organization and project management skills.
Strong attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity related to payments and/or Fintech.
- Ability to effectively move through a matrixed
- 5+ years of experience in Pricing, Financial Services,
Transaction Processing, or Analytics.
- 6-8+ years of experience in payment services, transaction
processing, project management, consulting, or similar work
environment(s) with a dynamic scope of work.
- Microsoft Access, Teradata, SQL, VBA.What are you waiting for?
Apply today!The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all
applicants with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal
opportunity employer . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will
be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in
consideration for a career at Discover.
Keywords: Discover, Joliet , Senior Manager Pricing Strategy, Executive , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!