Associate Director, EH&S
Company: CSL Behring
Posted on: August 1, 2022
- Ensures the implementation and continuous improvement of the
site EHS programs.
- Ensures an on-going state of compliance with all applicable EHS
regulations. Liaise with applicable local/state/provincial agency
on issues related to EHS at the site.
- Develops and implements plans to ensure conformance with the
Global EHS Management System requirements similar or equivalent to
OHSAS 45001, VPP, or ISO 14001.
- Assesses the safety culture and develops strategies to monitor
and continuously improve. Leads and ensures employee
- Leads, manages, and develops the EHS staff ensuring appropriate
organizational structure, staffing, skills, technical knowledge and
prioritization of work to support business objectives and
- Coordinates the maintenance and continuous improvement of the
site emergency preparedness processes.
- Work with senior site management to ensure appropriate
corrective actions are taken on identified health, safety and
environmental hazards or potential hazards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:Education
- Bachelor's degree in Bachelor degree in Occupational Safety,
Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemical
Engineering or equivalent, advanced degree preferred and/or an MBA.
- Well versed in EHS management systems such as ISO 45001, ISO
14001 and ISO 50001.
- Must have the ability to write effective procedures, policies,
reports, and correspondence.
- Must be comfortable with developing and delivering
presentations to audiences of 25 to 200 people (examples include
providing updates at functional all-staff meetings and
presentations of data or results)
- At least 7 years of EHS or related experience in a
- 4 or more years managing direct reports and contingent workers
in a manufacturing environment.
- Expert knowledge of the relevant local EHS regulations,
international EHS management systems and how they apply to site and
function within the Americas.
- 4 or more years managing or directing site environmental
- Thinks beyond and incorporates external factors into business
- Collaborates and influences broadly across multiple sites and
- Excels at the development of clear, concise, and effective
policies, standards, and procedures.
- Willingness to travel to sites and provide hands on assistance
to address deficiencies, share practices and rapidly implement
- Excellent people management skills and ability to align people
and resources towards organizational success
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions in a changing
environment and experience in a global Matrix organization
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal
direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written
communication are essential in this collaborative work
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in
current and possible future policies, practice, trends and
information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the
competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the
- Builds bridges and Empowers CSL One-Teams creating true
- Unleashes outcomes and creates an environment of decision
making and appropriate risk taking
- Drive for Results/Execution: Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
- Ignites Agility and creates a nimble environment: Sees ahead
clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately;
has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can
articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities
and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies
- Decision Quality: Makes good decision based upon a mixture
analysis, wisdom experience, and judgment; most his/her solution
and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged
over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Innovation Management: Is good at bringing the creative ideas
of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas
and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative
process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can
project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up,
down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds
appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective
relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even
high-tension situations comfortably.
- Inspires the future and drives strategy throughout the
organization: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or
sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about
possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to
rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by
everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand
customer information and uses it for improvement in products and
services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains
effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on
what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the
trivial aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder
accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.CSL
Behring LLC will provide equal employment opportunity for all
persons without discrimination on the basis of membership in a
legally protected class, including race, color, religion, national
origin, gender, age, veteran status, or handicap/disability. CSL
Behring is committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are a
part of our everyday business. Our Benefits We encourage you to
make your well-being a priority. It's important and so are you.
Learn more about how we care at CSL. About CSL Behring CSL Behring
is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality
medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our
treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries
living with conditions in the immunology, hematology,
cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant
therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring . We want CSL to
reflect the world around us As a global organization with employees
in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity and inclusion. Learn more
about Diversity & Inclusion at CSL. Do work that matters at CSL
Keywords: CSL Behring, Joliet , Associate Director, EH&S, Executive , Kankakee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!