Company: Sparx Logistics (USA)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Sales and Business Development professional with
experience/extensive knowledge of the freight forwarding industry,
including the ability to identify potential business opportunities,
cultivate prospect relationships, and close sales. Excellent
organization, interpersonal and customer service skills a must.
Existing book of business with import / export ocean and/or air
freight needs a must. This position reports directly to the Vice
President Sales (USA).
Experience desired in selling Import / Export, Ocean and/or
Air services for a Freight Forwarding or 3PL provider
- Manage a significant book of business within a defined U.S.
region, including multiple states and major trade markets (i.e.
Southeast, Northeast, Southwest, Midwest, etc.)
- Identify potential customers in need of ocean freight, air
freight, customs brokerage, advanced cargo management,
warehousing/distribution and other 3PL services
- Make initial contact with prospects via phone, email, social
media, etc. (i.e. cold call)
- Build and grow prospect relationships, including conducting
meetings, presentations, quotations and rate/service
- Close business opportunities in partnership with regional
- Maintain relations and develop new service opportunities with
- Liaise with SPARX management, operations, customs brokerage,
marketing and business development personnel in North
- Reporting requirements as assigned
- 5 years minimum of freight forwarding/direct carrier sales
- Detailed knowledge of the global logistics and transportation
industry a must
- Organized self-manager with ability to thrive in a fast paced
- Knowledge of CargoWise and advanced cargo management concepts a
- Dependable transportation with freedom to travel
internationally, if needed
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Experience using MS Office applications & other shipping
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills a
Keywords: Sparx Logistics (USA), Joliet , Sales Manager, Executive , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!