Finance Data Science Manager
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Discover. A brighter future.With us, you ll do meaningful work
from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core
behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed
Together. And we mean it we want you to grow and make a difference
at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments
companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an
opportunity to shine. Come build your future, while being the
reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with
Discover.Job Description At Discover, be part of a culture where
diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is
just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is
consistently awarded for both. We re all about people, and our
employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason
we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and
achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.Job SummaryThis
Model Production and Automation Manager role is in Discover s
Finance Data Science department, serving as a Subject Matter Expert
in developing and maintaining financial forecast model execution
process to produce forecasts for business planning, capital stress
testing (CCAR), and other financial analysis activities. Financial
forecasts include credit loss, CECL reserve, loan receivables,
payments, and revenue across Discover s card, student loan,
personal loan, and home loan products, as well as
direct-to-consumer deposits.What You ll Do
- Manage a team of data scientists/modelers to provide modeling
solutions to Discover businesses, while adhering to enterprise
compliance and governance standards.
- Direct and lead the team to develop models, utilizing machine
learning and other algorithms.
- Present the results of mathematical modeling and data analysis
to management or other end users.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in developing and maintaining
statistical/econometric models to forecast credit loss, reserve for
business planning and capital stress testing.
- Lead all technical aspects of model performance tracking, model
risk management related analysis, and research on modeling
techniques and tools to serve business needs.
- Develop advanced analytics solutions including segment,
vintage, portfolio, and customer analytics to produce reasonable
loss forecasts. Identify the key leading indicator for credit
losses and evaluate the impacts from credit strategies.
- Maintain strong knowledge in model execution environment,
including process automation, data structure development,
programming, and testing across technology platforms to ensure
accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage process automation, data structure development,
programming, and testing model implementation across technology
platforms to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Analyzing, designing, and validating structured/unstructured
data sources, data transformations, data lineage, data quality
rules, data models, built on traditional warehouses as well as Big
- Partners with the business and technology teams to develop
innovative data solutions to support advanced analytics initiatives
such as AI, Machine Learning, and traditional analytic
- Support the analysis of financial forecast result and prepare
- Manage application development cycle, including collecting and
preparing the business requirements for technology teams, conducing
user acceptance test and implementation.How You ll Do It
- Motivate and mentor the team of data scientists/modelers to
grow their skills and careers creating a nurturing environment that
encourages innovation and continual learning.
- Leverage deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to
drive development of data-science solutions and implement
data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Act as a liaison among Corporate Risk, Finance, decision
management, business technology teams, and other business partners
in model-lifecycle to escalate model time to market.
- Build relationships with business partners.
- Allocate resources and prioritize projects, ensuring modeling
projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of competency in statistical and
analytical principles, tools and techniques, and support the
advancement of "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock
new proficiencies and enhance performance, and quickly adapt to
modern modeling techniques. Demonstrate technical knowledge in
analytical tools.Qualifications You ll NeedThe Basics
- Master's degree in statistics, math, computer science,
engineering, economics, or related quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in project management and modeling, or
related fieldBonus Points If You Have
- Ph.D. in statistics, math, computer science, engineering,
economics, or related quantitative field
- 6+ years of experience in the financial service industry, or
- 1+ years of experience in people management or project
- Python, SQL, H2O, Pyspark experience
- Credit Analytics on consumer lending products#LI-CR1What are
you waiting for? Apply today!The same way we treat our employees is
how we treat all applicants with respect. Discover Financial
Services is an equal opportunity employer . We thrive on diversity
& inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting
process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager,
management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship
Keywords: Discover, Joliet , Finance Data Science Manager, Executive , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!