Aging & Disability Resource Network Case Manager
Company: TC Industries Of Canada Company
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Aging & Disability Resource Network Case Manager
Kankakee, IL --- Aging & Disability Services Do you want to use
your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world?
At Catholic Charities Diocese, of Joliet we are mission-driven,
focused on positive results for people and believe that people
should be treated with dignity and respect. If you feel the same
way we encourage you to join us in making a difference! If you
desire a better work/life balance and can work in a fast paced
environment with excellent growth potential, we would like to hear
from you. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct assessments with clients interested in obtaining
supportive services over the phone, in office, in the community, or
in local facilities or hospitals.--
- Provide follow up as needed to ensure that interventions were
- Other duties as assigned within the guidelines of this
position. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides intake, information and assistance, and referral for
all Aging & Disability Services Programs and outside
- Invests in provision of quality services and works
cooperatively as part of a team.--
- Complies with all agency, funding source, and accrediting body
rules, regulations, and standards.--
- Implements Information and Assistance Program Services.
- Receives inquiries by phone, email, fax, and in person;
determines what service or information is required
- Completes intake process for Case Coordination Unit or other
programming within the division, ensuring proper data entry and
- Conducts brief assessment as indicated by client need or
conducts comprehensive assessment if interim (emergency) services
- Conducts Options Counseling Assessment with clients seeking
support for long-term planning of their care needs.--
- Creates and maintains confidential case records including
documentation of follow up and termination.--
- Provides active intervention and advocacy to non-CCP clients to
access necessary services from state, federal, and local programs
and to resolve problems experienced by the client.--
- Provides a timely response (within one business day) to all
inquiries. Adult Protective Services intakes will be processed on
an immediate basis during normal business hours.--
- Provides follow up to requests to ensure that client needs are
being met as needed.
- Conducts interim Comprehensive assessments in office, in
nursing facilities, and occasionally in the hospital setting when
warranted by client need.--
- Enters SHIP related data in to STARS system in a timely manner.
Gathers this data from Care Coordinator Service Activity Sheets for
data entry as well.--
- Plans, facilitates, and/or implements community education and
- Maintains current information with respect to the services and
opportunities available to older adults and caregivers.
Communicates changes or errors in ESP Web System to identified
- Reviews and annually updates materials regularly used to
communicate with clients.--
- Develops and annually maintains linkage agreements with local
service providers and organizations in service area.--
- Coordinates personal schedule for client visits, in and out of
office time that efficiently and cost effectively utilizes agency
- Assists with the assignment and monitoring of Choices for Care
Assessments. Assists with the completion of Performance and Quality
Improvement Review related to Choices for Care Assessments.--
- Serves as an agency ambassador when in the community.
- Attends community fairs and conducts presentations for local
- Participates in Kankakee County Mobile Food Pantries sponsored
by the Agency and provides information and assistance to clients in
- Participates in Kankakee County VOAD Meetings as needed.--
- Participates in Kankakee County Senior Provider Meetings as
- Participates in Kankakee County Hispanic Partnership Meetings
- Responsible for the completion of Annual Determination of
Eligibility Assessments for Managed Care enrollees.
- Responsible for the day to day correspondence with Managed Care
Organizations and Managed Care Organization enrollees as well as
any necessary follow up.-- GREAT EMPLOYER PROVIDED BENEFITS
INCLUDE:-- --- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance --- 403B
Retirement Plan with employer contributions --- Short-term
Disability Insurance Requirements
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Work or a social
service related field is required for this position. All degrees
must come from a regionally accredited educational institution
which has U.S. Department of Education approval.
- A minimum of one year of experience in Aging and Disability
Services or case management is required.
- Certification in intakes for Adult Protective Services
preferred but on-the-job training will be provided otherwise. Must
have the ability to process these sensitive intakes in a timely and
- AIRS Certification preferred or must successfully obtain
certification within 18 months of hire. Must maintain certification
- Certified Care Coordinator status with the Illinois Department
on Aging preferred or must be successfully obtained within first
six months of employment. Must maintain certification
- SHIP (Senior Health Information Program) Certification
preferred or must be successfully obtained within first twelve
months of employment.
- Ability to relate well to older individuals and persons with
disabilities, respecting their privacy, dignity, and right to
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and adhere to a
no-wrong door policy when clients approach the agency for
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and appropriately in
times of crisis.--
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with co-workers and
other community agencies.--
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and constructively
with persons from all ethnic, racial, and social backgrounds.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with attention to
- Must possess strong communications skills on the phone, in
person, in large groups, and in written word.
- Must have the ability to interpret available data and complete
reporting for funding sources.--
- Must be familiar with local services and supports and able to
establish a relationship with community partners.--
- Must possess strong interviewing skills. Pleasant and friendly
telephone manner is essential.--
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
including Outlook, Word, and Teams.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Passage of complete background clearance, physical and
Tuberculosis (TB) Test.
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet, has adopted and follows
the Codes of Ethics established by Catholic Charities USA, the
National Association of Social Workers and the American
Psychological Association. As an employee of the Agency you are
expected to support these codes to the extent doing so is
consistent with and allowed by applicable law.
- A valid driver's license, reliable means of transportation and
proof of liability insurance is required.
- Must have access to internet for remote work if and when needed
to complete job requirements.--
Keywords: TC Industries Of Canada Company, Joliet , Aging & Disability Resource Network Case Manager, Executive , Kankakee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!