Diesel Truck Mechanic
Company: Heniff Transportation Systems
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions
to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain
services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth
and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve
through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We
accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated
networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North
America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything
we do. Location: Joliet, IL Position Summary Responsible for
performing preventative maintenance, special inspections and
general repairs on tractor and trailer units in accordance with
DOT, federal and state regulations and Company standards. Duties
- The Mechanic diagnoses and repair tractors and trailers.
- Perform annual/systematic 90-day inspection in order to ensure
equipment meets federal FHWA standards.
- The Mechanic performs the following on cargo tanks: internal,
external, and upper coupler inspections, heat system, leakage,
vacuum, pressure tests and vapor tightness test (EPA Method
- Determine the overall mechanical condition of tractors,
trailers and associated equipment, diagnoses component malfunctions
and initiates repair actions.
- The Mechanic repairs components by replacing worn or damaged
parts with new or reconditioned parts.
- Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting,
overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major
assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as,
brakes, hubs, bearings, seals, electrical, air conditioning, fuel,
steering, hydraulics; control linkages, clutches, and traction
- The Mechanic uses technical publications or automated systems
in maintaining vehicles to prescribed manufacturers' maintenance
schedules and for researching parts.
- Properly annotate all maintenance and labor performed in
maintenance management software.
- The Mechanic operates a yard hostler truck to move trailers
within the facility yard and the shop as needed.
- Communicate the need to order and receive parts and supplies as
- The Mechanic adheres to all established safety (OSHA) and
environmental policies and standards to include identification,
use, and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous
- Clean, organize, and maintain the work environment to ensure
equipment longevity and workplace safety.
- The Mechanic performs welding repairs as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- The Mechanic reports directly to The Shop Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Experienced in the use of inspection and test equipment used
for cargo tank inspections Essential Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle and equipment theory,
principles, and repair relating to diesel engines, air, electrical,
mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- Ability to effectively and efficiently inspect tanks and
trailers to align with DOT standards (49CFR HM180.407).
- Knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance, DOT rules and
regulations, company policies and procedures
- Ability to use vehicle diagnostic software Language Skills:
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently Work
- Shop may be susceptible to climate like outdoor weather.
- Frequent exposure to loud machinery, air tool operation,
hammering and engine noise.
- This position includes 0% travel under normal
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe
- This position works in confined spaces. Benefits and Perks: ---
401(k) Plan --- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions --- Employee
Assistance Program (EAP) --- PerkSpot National Employee Discount
Program In addition, eligible employees receive: --- 120 hours Paid
Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays ---
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance --- Short and
Long-Term Disability Insurance --- Voluntary Life & Accident ---
Critical Illness Insurance --- Company Paid Life Insurance At
Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to
be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals
from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our
collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees
with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring,
and promoting processes and general treatment during employment,
including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color,
religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: Heniff Transportation Systems, Joliet , Diesel Truck Mechanic, Engineering , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!